my ongoing "DIY" build

MCRIPPPer

here are some pix of my rebuild. this is the first rebuild/clean since i put the newly machined parts on. now that they have been run, and all the other parts are all clean, they really fit in with the whole car now.

i tore it down to pretty much "kit form".

here is a pic of just a few of the parts.

starting to piece it back together.

it looks just like the pic on hpi website.

here is how it sits at the moment.
almost a rolling chassis.

why cant the baja look this good when its all assembled??!!!?
please comment! i need more mods to do :lol:

Last edited:

cutterdoc

Hey dude tidy up that work space LOL:lol::lol: looking good what are those linear cut out in your chassis haven't seen that before

Last edited:

Pockets

Ripper- any chance of replicating and selling those servo mounts you made? I love that idea! I have a mill at work, but it's next to impossible to access during the time I have.

MCRIPPPer

hi there. at the moment i dont have much materials to make more parts, and im not sure if im ready to make stuff for other people. im still learning the ropes and need more tooling to make stiff properly. i actually used a screw to tap the threads into my parts :oops: :blushing:

there are lots of good aftermarket options you can get that are similar.

if i made you some mounts you would need a mill to make the holes and countersink in the chassis.

MCRIPPPer

wow good memories. I am now a CNC machinist/ programmer working in the aerospace industry making space stuff and things that go boom. ;)

goes to show how valuable these hobbies really are in gaining passion and skills.