My new addiction!

Foxracing

Thanks bonzai! I would see it I think lol I will fix that! And mad mike will have too it looks like August before I am gonna have a weekend off to go!

Foxracing

Mike I normally go up to the pipelane upnorth since that's where I grow up its pretty big lol. And hpi920 that's the part but I am going to order one so I have the extra parts but thanks for the offer

Foxracing

sorry i have not posted anything new about my baja over the last few days been camping have a fun time. wish my baja would of been ready for the weekend but thats fedex for ya.
had my m8 over for a while today puffed up a thunderpower battery :/ only 5 cycles on it. thats life for ya

Foxracing

Got my baja done a few days ago! I haven't had it started yet but hoping to get it running this weekend

This thing is a beast I can't wait to take it out to play! I am not sure what I am doing for paint yet. I was thinking like orange pin Striping and black as the base color.

zignzag

Good color choices. Orange and black look awesome on a baja. Got some orange paint myself and thinking of Matt black as well. Nice looking baja. You'll have one hell of a smile on your face when you first start her up. I sure did. Hearing them on video just doesn't do it justice til ya see and hear it live!. Watching, I-Zod Indy Toronto race right now, looks interesting. 2 races, one today and 2nd tomorrow. 1st race is a standing start which should be interesting

Last edited:

ratpower396

that stock ss pipe is going to drive you nuts.. Its loud and doesnt really do to much for performance.. Hope you have a kill switch too might save you ALOT of money and headaches. Looking good so far now get some dirt on it and have fun..

Foxracing

Thanks everyone :) I am waiting until I order my kill switch before I even test it. That way I don't break it before I even try to break it :) gotta start painting this weekend tho

Lancair

Damn that looks hot, love the build pics, thanks. I cant wait to get started on mine in the next few days.

I'm keen to see how your paint scheme turns out, I'm thinking along the same lines of mostly matt black with orange stripes or ?

Foxracing

Ddm had a nice little deal of the day the other day

I still haven't got mine up and running or even in to paint! Anyone know for someone who paints in the Green Bay Area?

I have a like to get some extra parts going before I have to wait for parts so I am looking for a stainless steel screw set for the 5b only since I live in Wisconsin and in the winter the roads have salt on. I know rc screws makes a kit anyone else? Haven't found any.

Foxracing

Well tonight I finally broke down and got the 5b going and man it was a blast! The first tank was a little slow but still fun to driving and took the second tank easy yet but had a little more fun with it. Made a trip to a good place to play for the last half of the second tank it was sand but its a new toy and I just had too :) will be getting a sealed clutch and outerwear ASAP! And sand proving the carb! Now to get the old lady to let me use the credit card!

supac

How do you sand proof the carb? Also is it possible to sand proof the clutch with out replacing the clutch system?

Corvinus

How do you sand proof the carb? Also is it possible to sand proof the clutch with out replacing the clutch system?
Filter on the top breathing hole (team chase has a nice one). Boot on the shaft to prevent particle grinding over time (DIY), some even put a bearing in there. I guess some also use a carb without choke or just remove it and plug holes, not really needed though.

To sand proof a clutch you need an enclosed carrier, so it doesn't get into the bell.