My new addiction!

Foxracing

Hey I just picked up a 5b Ss from ddm
I will be posting about my build and upgrades on here for starters it's a brand new hpi 5b with a mt-4 receiver, vemon hump pack, savor 1256 throttle servo, and most important killer rc kill switch

Future upgrades
Darksoul sleeves for out drives
Irp bi-wing
Irp turnbuckles
Hostile grey boots
Hostile rear hubs
Fast eddy pro bearing
Killer bee limit cables
Outerwears all around
Darksoul dog bones v2 or v3
Threshold umbrella seals
Turtle clutch system
Turtle quick diff transmission
And a lot more just what I have looked at and heard good about
The motor will remain stock until it poops out or I can get the wife to let me spend the money :)
Looking at CPI exhaust in the future
Feel free to comment and stuff to look at or to stay away from
I can tell the wife is going to be upset a lot at me for getting into this :)

usmc2k

Congrats on the new money pit lol.... Ur gonna love the Baja ss and mt-4 receiver (btw it's lipo ready!) once u start upgrades it's gonna be hard to stop

Johnston.jer

I would hold off on most stuff. Replace them when the stockers are destroyed.

I would say (imho) the best items to upgrade first would be:

-Killer bee kill switch,
-turtle racing clutch system,
-Dominator pipe, Much better than stock can, good bang for buck.
-replace stock servos
-Get a front bumper fast! Igloo or RPM something to protect the front!

Then upgrade items as they break or you see fit. This is just my opinion though, and these are merely suggestions.

-J

Foxracing

That was my plan the killer bee is going in before I even start it the first. Don't want a run away. I am getting the turtle as soon as I can. And I was looking at the gbe hornet v2 or the CPI but the ddm pipes do look and sound nice. Mainly because its fully protected. And as servos go I am getting the Saxov 1256 for throttle and once the steering servo goes I will replace it not sure with what tho. Probably a hitec or Saxov.
And thanks for the pointers! I will have to get a front bumper I never even thought about it.

Foxracing

Was hoping to see the 5b from FedEx yesterday but never came so Monday it should be here. Hopefully it's after I get home from work so I can sign for it :) the waiting is killing me!

zignzag

Congrats on your 5bss. I have one and love it. Main upgrades to start with are good radio, receiver and servos plus kill switch. Upgrade the bajas weak areas if you want or replace with stock parts as they break. You'll have lots of fun with it for sure.

Foxracing

Well it finally came yesterday

I got a few hours to work on it. I got the front end together. These things are built tough come pared to my short course trucks I enjoyed putting it together can't wait to get it put together

Foxracing

I will double check but I followed very close. I am missing a part tho. One of the cones under the hub are missing. I just made one of plastic until I order and fix it that will be before I even start it.