My build

SuHast22

Here are some pictures, I will post more as the project goes on. I have a doubt, the bolt I used that holds the tower and joins the supports is the stock size, but seems too short to pass through the front and rar mounts, is that correct?

Last edited:

silverss

so what did you do just use a longer bolt ? i just had a look at mine and its the same. bolt doesnt go all the way but its good , its screwed in enough i dont think it needs to be poking out the back.

SuHast22

I am using short ones because the thread is enough. i have to check, I will need to put shock limiting cables.

This is the steering linkage.

Fuel Tank cap vent

Last edited:

187bajass

get rid of that darksoul servo saver ,i did the same set up (darksoul and threshhold) and it wiped out my servo in one tank of gas and it was set as loose as possible ,the ds saver binds up just go with the threshhold piece and the stock saver for now , i love darksoul products but this ones no good , theres some other threads about it on here

Oli&Ril77's

That is interesting, I am not looking to jack this thread but I have the DS servo saver on 3 of my rigs (2 off-road, 1 on-road) and have not had a problem at all. I will have to look that one up as a precaution, but so far, so good...

Chitown5BSS

More opinions about the darksoul?
I have the same setup DS and Threshold. I read about issues with the DS part after I bought mine. I took a Dremel wire wheel and polished/ground the edges/surfaces which come into contact with the stock lower plastic part. It's working fine for me. I'm running a Hitec 5765 steering servo with no issues.

SuHast22

Are those WSE braces in the front ?
Yes, with brass inserts, not ball bearings.

The PCSC with an Hostile 56T. I have a doubt, I have had to put a drop of epoxy on a side, near the screw that holds the ball bearing.
Would this unbalance the gear?

Last edited:

SuHast22

More pics:

The hubs:

Turnbuckles and steering:

Front view:

A home-made air filter maintenance tap:

Last edited:

SuHast22

I have the same setup DS and Threshold. I read about issues with the DS part after I bought mine. I took a Dremel wire wheel and polished/ground the edges/surfaces which come into contact with the stock lower plastic part. It's working fine for me. I'm running a Hitec 5765 steering servo with no issues.
Ok I have dremeled and polished the piece in contact with the plastic moun, and it has a little more gap and its definetely easier to rotate when the spring is 13mm, I think this will suffice. There is no play too when a normal force is applied.

Here you can see that now it has more of a U chape than a v . The plasticis the same V.

SuHast22

Mre pics, with the chassi, a Krakenrc X2:

I have changed the short flat screws that came with the shock supports by socket head screws, they accomodate well in the flat screw head groove and are much longer, they pass entirely the sock brace:

The steering assembly: