My 2nd Baja build will be OBR Twin Powered

NitroManiac

Oh crap haha that looks like it got very hot if it even took out a part of the casing.
Im curious how much would it weigh without the cage?

IETZR1S

Oh crap haha that looks like it got very hot if it even took out a part of the casing.
Im curious how much would it weigh without the cage?
The cage, wing and mounting hardware is 2.2lbs. 1.0Kg. I could drop the 2lbs.by running naked. I would just hate to have something go wrong without it on. Just got to make more power to push the weight.

Don't you hate it when it's the gearbox that u have to pull apart, what bearings you going to put in there now?
Pulling the stock case gearbox is not a trackside repair when only running test and tune. If it was a competition event...one way or another repairs would have been made track side.

I run the Acer ceramic bearings throughout the Baja. The bearings in the gearbox were the original ones I installed when I started the build back in January 2011. I got my money's worth out of them. You know what I have put MB through. The bearings lasted 645miles/1038kilometers. A total run time of 45.9 hours is what the TTO displays. I am rebuilding another stock case with new Acer ceramic bearings. I could not ask for any thing more. I will be ready for speed runs by next Sunday. Going out with 34-40's and working my way up from there.

IETZR1S

I rebuilt the gear box with new bearings and a new stock HPI plastic case. I had it done yesterday. MB went out to stretch her legs and flex her muscle. I had black bone 34P-40S bolted up. I was running some used rear tires that started off at 121mm tall. The rear tires measured 118mm today. I could not be more than pleased with my Monster Baby. This OBR 61cc twin is just an animal. The new set up is still 2+mph faster than the old. I ran 92.2mph/148.3kph not even trying. MB spun 18,860RPM with more space to go. I could have run a solid 300+ feet/91 meters further. I made several passes with the 34-40's. I went out solo just to have some fun. I was not looking to break any records. Here are some pics from today.

IETZR1S

Mb is looking great! Keep posting vids...that's all I have to keep me going in the winter!
Thanks Dan, She runs better than she looks. Next time out for speed runs I will have 37-37's bolted on. That should put MB some where around 105mph/168KPH. More videos to come brotha

IETZR1S

I took MB out this past Sunday. She ran great. I am hanging out on 34-40's for a while. Its a mid 90mph set up. Testing some new air intakes out on the twin. 34-40 is a good set up for me to test on. Not too fast yet not slow by any means. If I can get 100mph on 34-40...I know the new parts are working. If speeds drop to 90mph or below...The testing items will be placed in the round file.

IETZR1S

Took Monster Baby out yesterday with a new air intake system Team OBR and I have been working on. MB is the reason they put 2 W's in WOW!!!! I had a manifold come loose the last time I ran MB. It turns out I damaged 1 piston and 1 cylinder on my last 92.mph run. Team OBR replaced 2 pistons, both rings and 1 cylinder this past Saturday. I am now back to breaking in the new parts. I hate breaking in new parts. It boring and takes a few tanks. I ran small gears on tank 2 yesterday. 28-46 and 30-44.
I never even held WOT. I just rowed through the rpm ranged and goosed the throttle on the big end. The new air intake system is working well. I picked up well over 1000 rpm on my twin from previous runs with the same gearing.
I checked my TTO 3 times just to make sure I got my data. Holy crap this thing is just lightning quick and nasty fast. I have a feeling there will be some new air intake parts for twins from OBR in the near future.

Tank #2
28-46 @ 19,200 = 64.2mph (plenty more left)
30-44 @ 19,999 = 77.7mph (I hit WOT but did not hold it)

banshee

Can you show pics if these intakes? Or a 2 second video? Lol....these have peaked my interest, would loveeen mote rpm

IETZR1S

Good job B! Always looking forward to new products and your vigorous testing & approvals!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Manny, Trust me on this one. This sh-t rocks. every twin on the planet could benefit from 1000+rpm. Holy crap, Wish I could spill the beans.

Sounds good Brian! Keep it coming
Thanks Dave, You know we are working hard on the top speed program>

Can you show pics if these intakes? Or a 2 second video? Lol....these have peaked my interest, would loveeen mote rpm
Dan, time will tell. I am going back out this Sunday. If RPM turns out to be better than expected...I will keep you posted. Imagine MB at 80mph with 30-44's . A lot of people will have a rough day when this happens.

IETZR1S

As usual a bitchin summer like day today in SoCal. I took MB out for speed runs today. Finished off the rest of tank 3 and ran tank #4 as well. I had some brake issues. Someone was looking out for MB today. I lost the pin that goes through the brake cam. Funny thing is I checked it before I went out. Got some speed runs with 30-44's before the brake issue. I took it back to the pits and changed gearing to 32-42. Went back out. I kept having to go for more brake EPA. No big deal laid down some runs with the 32-42. Took it back to the pits. I did another gear change. Moved up to 33-41's. Laid down some speed runs. I had brake issues again. 2 brake failures and 1 dam to close to call. I glad I had brake failure under 10mph all 3 times. It could have been the end to MB had shit went wrong after a speed run. Right now MB 2-3mph faster than the old set up with the same gearing being run. My Monster Baby better than fine. I will bolt up 34-40 and 37-37 next weekend.

Todays Best

30-44 78.1mph/125.6kph @ 19,680RPM
32-42 83.9mph/135.0kph @ 19,680RPM
33-41 88.1mph/141.7kph @ 19,200RPM

IETZR1S

I took Monster Baby out to stretch her legs this morning. Sean and Dan met me on Miss Gladwicks Street. We ran 1/2 a tank of fuel on 34-40's. I never really laid down full runs. No one was spotting for me. I ws just tearing up and down the tarmac. Up hill and down hill. Up hill is always faster. It loads the motor which helps build rpm. 34-40 tapped out at 91.3mph/146.9kph. I then let MB cool down for a few. Bolted on Black Bone Racing Products 37-37 1.1 gearing. With the 37-37 and larger gears MB uses a lot of tarmac. I could have run another 300ft deeper but did not feel it was needed. I was not looking to break records. I was just looking for a little fun. rule #1, do not crash the monster baby!!! MB is still quick off the mark and lightning fast on the big end.

34-40's @ 19,200RPM

37-37's @ 18720RPM

Last edited:

Junior3

I will soon have a twin motor and i was wondering where would i get those tall gears from? Or would i have to get them custom made...