My 2nd Baja build will be OBR Twin Powered

IETZR1S

I am building a 2nd 5B and it will be OBR Twin powered. I am hoping to have this Baja doing 100mph in street trim. I will keep adding pics as the build continues. Thank you to everybody who helped out with this build.

Last edited:

dscjester

I can't wait either!! Mine will be purely bashing and going fast! With some big as rooster tails.

ibanez90

I'd recommend FLM ext. Arms all around, much better stability.

IETZR1S

I have made little progress this week. The front end is together. I filled the diff w/ TFE oil and installed the HD diff gear. I have gone as far as the parts will allow. I am waiting on a layshaft for OBR twins. Let them work the gremlins out. I will take mine then.

Last edited:

dscjester

Looking Great!!!! But something is missing,,,,,,,,,,,,, I can't put my fingure on it tho.... Hmmmmmmm.... :glare:

LoL!

dscjester

Thanks! At first I thought they were those innovative shocks???? :glare:

Goodluck with the build and break in.

What tires are going to run for your high speed run?

IETZR1S

Thanks! At first I thought they were those innovative shocks???? :glare:

Goodluck with the build and break in.

What tires are going to run for your high speed run?
GRP wheels and tires are what I am looking at (soft) . I have wheel adaptors for the FG wheels. I am exploring my oprions. I am not rushing to get this done quickly. I purchased a Lauterbacher 4 shoe clutch from DDM today. Should be here Friday. Need a reciever and thats all. Hopefully be the weekend I can have her fired up. We will see how it goes. FYI>>>>The break in procedure for the twins is completely different than the single piston engines from OBR.

IETZR1S

I made some progress today. All I need is a HPI brake Cam, Futaba receiver and a few more hours. The 54/20 gear combo will only stay until I can find some taller gear sets. Enjoy....

dscjester

Looks Great! Mine should be here Monday!!! :laugh: What's up with all that fuel line??