MT. Dew with Zack

zack

ok time to set a date. lets get ( 4 ) dates that would be good within a month or two and then we decide on ONE. that way you have plenty of time to ask for it off or whatever you gotta do to prep for it... FEB-5,12,19,26 / MAR-5,12,19,26

so pick one or two thats good for you

Last edited:

REDMAN24

ok time to set a date. lets get ( 4 ) dates that would be good within a month or two and then we decide on it. that way you have plenty of time to ask for it off or whatever you gotta do to prep for it... FEB-5,12,19,26 / MAR-5,12,19,26
sounds great im in.....

tnnhoward

Zack's ready for us to get down there and tear it up.
I'm leaving for almost a month on Tuesday and will be making a trip down there either in the end of February (weekend of the 26th) or one weekend in March before I leave for my seven month deployment. I told Zack that I'd be down there (even if it is just me) to run the racer 5t before I leave...and I mean it.
Basher's Haven is Florida's baja Nurburgring and will continue to be until someone builds something better.
The weather will be better in February and March and it's time to take the party back down there some.

Jeff :sailor:
I'll even come down for this one in Feb or Mar. I'll run with you Jeff. I always enjoyed myself at Bashers. Fun times, no pressure, good folks, and was always treated like I was part of the "Florida list". Thanks

Howard

turbotour

John's defintion of hardcore as used above. " A group of baja enthusiast's who I have come to know and enjoy running my baja with in a laid back, non competitive track or open field. Sorry you misinterpreted that Hugo.

"HUGO" "This is bull I hear the owner of the jumpy oaks is the most competitive in the whole forum, so don't come with this bull. I was born at night but not last night." "But like u said keep it up so you can beat him one day" “WOW WOW” if that was not competitive then I am mistaken, !sorry about the confusion!!!! :lol:

"Jhon" Looks like you guys had a great time up in Jeff's neck of the woods. Was the commute worth it Hugo?

"Hugo" For sure, will do it again in about four months. I have always been a loner so I guess don't need the reassurance of others to have a hobby, but to each their own. :*(

boofwah

Now now Hugo...lets play nice shall we?
Play nice? I've only met Hugo once, and at the best GTG since I've been home from last year's deployment, and that comment was right on par for Hugo :D

Glad to see someone else took the helm and spoke up first. Dave, man, it's great to see you're still in it. This economy sucks, I know, but there are a select few of us that are "blessed" to be able to play with toys like these. The GTGs have been sporadic at best compared to years in the past, but the people came out to play for all the right reasons, the camaraderie. For me, the social interaction is one of the biggest parts of this hobby. I love people and I especially love to see how we all work together to make these events happen and keep eachother going...even if it is a measily pull start handle (thanks again, Hugo, and thanks for the comment too).
The hobby isn't for everyone. For the "hardcore hobbyist" $200 can come easily in one week. For instance, there's this clay track in Florida that can be pretty damn brutal on the bajas, but that brutality is based upon the risk taking the driver is willing to subject his vehicle to. We all chose to put ourselves in this position, to be infected by this "baja bug", and to drive endless hours all over the state (I know I'm especially guilty!) and wrench until the wee hours of the morning before a GTG and power nap on the way there at rest areas (yep, guilty again). This is a hobby of love and of hate, but, like I said, it is a hobby for everyone...if they can afford it.

Zack, great to see you on here, buddy. I'm going to try and negotiate the weekend of Feb 19 off (I'll have the girls that weekend, and you know they like the GTGs), but the following weekend is clear for me too. Also, I'll be on leave from work from the afternoon on 4 March until the 18th, but the 19th would be good for me too. The 26th of March is cutting it too close to the seven month deployment for me, and I'll also be at sea on the 25th for a one day shakedown of the ship. Now everyone knows my schedule for GTG planning purposes. Zack the ball is in your court, and now you also know my schedule so we can plan to go :scooter:

Jeff :boat:

turbotour

ok time to set a date. lets get ( 4 ) dates that would be good within a month or two and then we decide on ONE. that way you have plenty of time to ask for it off or whatever you gotta do to prep for it... FEB-5,12,19,26 / MAR-5,12,19,26

so pick one or two thats good for you

All good for me :balloon:

tnnhoward

WOW, I'm somebody. Now all I need to do is find my "Special Purpose". Reminds me of "The Jerk" when Steve Martin saw his name in the phonebook. I'm somebody!

Thanks, it's an honor to be on the list. Can't wait to run there again. My birthday is March 19th so that would be a good time. LOL

I am coming down either late Feb or in Mar. I'll keep an eye out as to when you guys are going to run. Thanks again

Howard

boofwah

The 26th would be good for me, but I wouldn't be able to hit the road to start my commute down until about 0730 that morning. I'll be offgoing from duty on the ship. I could have everything in/on the car to where all I had to do was walk off the ship and start driving down.
OR we could have it on the 19th of March (gapping the GTG weekends from that other clay track) and give Howard one hell of a birthday.
I'm open to suggestions, but Jeremy has yet to lock down the February dates for his track too.

Jeff :boat:

zack

ok seems we have alot for 3/19 who else would be able to make it ? thats plenty of time to do what you need to get off work.

boofwah

Aww yeah! It's on like donkey kong! I wonder if Mike (north50) would be willing to come up and do some videography? For old time's sake :D

Also, I don't think Howard has seen this thread yet. He's gonna be excited to see this coming together on his birthday.

Now, all I need is for my new Carbon Creations chassis to show up in time for the GTG...and Shawn to not play chicken with me :D

tunedfocus

Aww yeah! It's on like donkey kong! I wonder if Mike (north50) would be willing to come up and do some videography? For old time's sake :D

Also, I don't think Howard has seen this thread yet. He's gonna be excited to see this coming together on his birthday.

Now, all I need is for my new Carbon Creations chassis to show up in time for the GTG...and Shawn to not play chicken with me :D

Damn Jeff,you didnt learn with the last carbon chassis.How long will this one last?

boofwah

Damn Jeff,you didnt learn with the last carbon chassis.How long will this one last?
Chalk that chassis loss up to a rookie mistake. I was trying to keep the truck too light by mounting a carbon fiber front top plate to protect it. I thought about putting a TR front top plate...guess I should have paid myself a little more attention.
I still have the same Carbon Creations chassis on the basher 5t and that thing is doing great.