MT. Dew with Zack

boofwah

What's going on ladies
Hey, Mike! Glad to see you're still lurking on here :D I spoke with Zack a couple times last night (had to hang up and call him back after the neighbor's dog ran out of my house crazy) and he was asking when we're going to make a run down there. He said that the track isn't going anywhere and that the weather will hopefully bring us back down. I'm already looking at my calendar trying to figure out a trip down there. I'm running out of time before I go back out again for seven farking months! Speaking running out of time, dad. She's got to be ready to pop by now? When's the revised due date for the future baja driver ;)

Jeff :sailor:

boofwah

figure out a date.Ill be there.The durango is finally running.
Awesome! Great to hear you got it going, Dave. Hope you and the family had a great Christmas too.

The 28th would be a no-go for me as I'll be :boat: during that time. I leave in the middle of January and won't return until the middle of February. I'll have some decent time off in March before I leave for my seven months of :censored: :boat:

boofwah

Basher's Haven is a callin'!

Lots of conversation going on about a Basher's Haven GTG. It was discussed last week at Shady Oaks with some of the guys, and tonight Shawn was telling me about his conversations he's had with Zack. Zack's ready for us to get down there and tear it up.
I'm leaving for almost a month on Tuesday and will be making a trip down there either in the end of February (weekend of the 26th) or one weekend in March before I leave for my seven month deployment. I told Zack that I'd be down there (even if it is just me) to run the racer 5t before I leave...and I mean it.
Basher's Haven is Florida's baja Nurburgring and will continue to be until someone builds something better.
The weather will be better in February and March and it's time to take the party back down there some.

REDMAN24

Lots of conversation going on about a Basher's Haven GTG. It was discussed last week at Shady Oaks with some of the guys, and tonight Shawn was telling me about his conversations he's had with Zack. Zack's ready for us to get down there and tear it up.
I'm leaving for almost a month on Tuesday and will be making a trip down there either in the end of February (weekend of the 26th) or one weekend in March before I leave for my seven month deployment. I told Zack that I'd be down there (even if it is just me) to run the racer 5t before I leave...and I mean it.
Basher's Haven is Florida's baja Nurburgring and will continue to be until someone builds something better.
The weather will be better in February and March and it's time to take the party back down there some.

im in just set a date.

boofwah

Had some great fun with Rock, Hugo and Shawn today at the sand bash in Jacksonville, Florida, and a Basher's Haven GTG was heavily discussed. We're looking at end of February to mid/late March. Shawn has to work his business during bike week. More to follow :balloon:

...that makes four interested HBF'ers that want a GTG at Basher's Haven now :D

gasser

Had some great fun with Rock, Hugo and Shawn today at the sand bash in Jacksonville, Florida, and a Basher's Haven GTG was heavily discussed. We're looking at end of February to mid/late March. Shawn has to work his business during bike week. More to follow :balloon:

...that makes four interested HBF'ers that want a GTG at Basher's Haven now :D

Sounds like you guys had some good times in the sand.
Thats good to hear about reviving Bashers Haven. Whens Zack going to set a date?

boofwah

Count me in for sure miss the track, Zack make a date don't want to cheat on Bashers Haven with another track!!!!!!
We're gonna have to catch Zack on the telephone because he doesn't monitor these threads like he used to. He's just a phone call away. Shawn chats with him regularly and so do I.
That last comment was too much :lol: Gotta diversify a little, Hugo. Gotta keep those skillsets sharp and ready for any condition.

Oh...and Hugo and John makes six interested :D

gasser

That last comment was too much :lol: Gotta diversify a little, Hugo. Gotta keep those skillsets sharp and ready for any condition.
I have to agree with you Jeff. If you don't diversify with tracks, then your not going to be running your baja much and might as well sell it. I for one need a monthly GTG or Im out of the hobby, so Im going where the action is.

Gators Run, Bashers Haven, Shady Oaks Extreme....All great tracks with all great owners. I attended all and contributed to each track to show my appreciation. Its unfortunate that a tracks life seems to carry an expiration date..at least thats been my experience. All 3 of these tracks have been very different and unique, and as Jeff says, they keep your skills sharp for different driving conditions.

Man..theres only a handful of us Floridians that have a passion to get together on as track and run together. Thats what its all about.
But it feels like that camaraderie is gone, especially since alot of the hardcore originals have recently left the hobby.

Theres Shady Oaks Extreme and Bashers Haven still on the table, but I don't see either one of them drawing a crowd. Thats real unfortunate.
Would like to hear other comments and opinions.

Last edited:

boofwah

I have to agree with you Jeff. If you don't diversify with tracks, then your not going to be running your baja much and might as well sell it. I for one need a monthly GTG or Im out of the hobby, so Im going where the action is.

Gators Run, Bashers Haven, Shady Oaks Extreme....All great tracks with all great owners. I attended all and contributed to each track to show my appreciation. Its unfortunate that a tracks life seems to carry an expiration date..at least thats been my experience. All 3 of these tracks have been very different and unique, and as Jeff says, they keep your skills sharp for different driving conditions.

Man..theres only a handful of us Floridians that have a passion to get together on as track and run together. Thats what its all about.
But it feels like that camaraderie is gone, especially since alot of the hardcore originals have recently left the hobby.

Theres Shady Oaks Extreme and Bashers Haven still on the table, but I don't see either one of them drawing a crowd. Thats real unfortunate.
(Stepping onto soap box) I'm gonna bite my tongue on this one and let someone else pipe up first (stepping off soap box).

tunedfocus

Ill step on it.OOps I dropped the soap.

For me,It hasnt been a lack of interest.Its been a lack of funds.First it was the motor going bad in the Durango.6 months latter its finally running again.
Its been a slow year at work.Now with the unusually cold winter.Theres not a call for AC.Ive been wanting to come up to Shaddy Oaks.Its just a matter of the fuel it will take.Being slow at work.Ive chosen to be on call every weekend.Trying to get whatever I can.

The economy doesnt help work either.

Get Zack to set a date and I will try to make it.At this point I cant commit yet.

Im not out,just taking a breather.

turbotour

This is not a job it is a hobby big kids playing with little cars! the economy took a dump I think this is the main reason some of the "Hardcore hobbiest" there goes that #*#*#* word again, I just quoted that same stupid hardcore racer in another post! have left the playing field. I think this is the main reason people leave the hobby, is due to money. It is not cheap to spend 200 dollars or more a month or find the time a month to do this. I personaly work over 60 hours a week the last thing I need is a drive up/down four hours and loose another day a month. It does not have to be a, have to it has to be a want to, so we cant force people to do things they don't have time or interest on. If you are going to loose the interest in one month of not going to "hardcore race" than the hobby is not for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hardcore Racers" please a toy and we envolve hardcore into it, hardcore is the soldiers going to war every day for the freedom of us big kids playing with remote control cars "Jeff this one is for you" Thanks for the good time again man needed the time away it had been a long time since I hardcore raced.:lol:

gasser

This is not a job it is a hobby big kids playing with little cars! the economy took a dump I think this is the main reason some of the "Hardcore hobbiest" there goes that #*#*#* word again, I just quoted that same stupid hardcore racer in another post! have left the playing field. I think this is the main reason people leave the hobby, is due to money. It is not cheap to spend 200 dollars or more a month or find the time a month to do this. I personaly work over 60 hours a week the last thing I need is a drive up/down four hours and loose another day a month. It does not have to be a, have to it has to be a want to, so we cant force people to do things they don't have time or interest on. If you are going to loose the interest in one month of not going to "hardcore race" than the hobby is not for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hardcore Racers" please a toy and we envolve hardcore into it, hardcore is the soldiers going to war every day for the freedom of us big kids playing with remote control cars "Jeff this one is for you" Thanks for the good time again man needed the time away it had been a long time since I hardcore raced.:lol:
John's defintion of hardcore as used above. " A group of baja enthusiast's who I have come to know and enjoy running my baja with in a laid back, non competitive track or open field. Sorry you misinterpreted that Hugo.

Your right, The hobby is not for me if I can't get together with others and run once a month. For some, once every 3 or 4 months is fine...To each there own.... Im not going to dictate who the hobby is for or not for., because I can only speak for myself..Precisely why I sold my RZR...just dont use it enough and no one to ride with. Looks like you guys had a great time up in Jeff's neck of the woods. Was the commute worth it Hugo? I know it takes up the whole day...Ive worked 70 t0 85 hours in Retail mgmt for 20 years, so I understand that your free time is very limited and you dont want to spend all day commuting. Hell, Shawn and I would leave my house at 5am and not get home until 9pm from Bashers Haven..That took our entire saturday.....Having said that Hugo..I respect your opinions and look forward to running with you again sometime.