Monsterman

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Whats crackin HBF??

Had an eventful day today.. Met up with Phoenex & Telly5 for lunch and a hobby shop pit stop! Got to check out some cool new parts from DGI Racing and got to eat some DAMN good Mexican Food!! Shout out to Baja Grill in East Northport your food is the SHIT!! LOL

Anyhow going to relax tomorrow and I plan on sleeping in 8)

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
What's up HBF? Hope your all staying warm and safe out there. Dialysis was a pita today had a delay going in I think we have about 5 inches on the ground now. Finally stopped but they say more is coming tonight and tomorrow ugh ?

The backyard that water looks cold as shit lol..

Last edited:

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Im having some fun today with the hpi trophy. So far 8 batterys worth LOL

Nice Tom ;)

How is that thing holding up to abuse? There is a local guy who wants to trade for a crawler and after seeing yours at Bash Fest I have not stopped looking at them just don't want to spend the coin.

Courage68

Nice Tom ;)

How is that thing holding up to abuse? There is a local guy who wants to trade for a crawler and after seeing yours at Bash Fest I have not stopped looking at them just don't want to spend the coin.
So far so good. The only thing that broke was the rear knuckel when my friend sideswiped it into a wall lol.

I really love the way it handles on the track. I went to crispycritters track and was dominating on open track day.

**edit

The only thing option wise I did was upgrade to a 25t pinion and I run 2s lipo. On 3s I notised my laps wernt consistaint were as on 2s my laps were alot smoother.

Last edited:

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Hey HBF!!

Hows everyone been doing?? Hope everyone is good and keeping warm. Hanging in there over here just had a couple of really rough days, then a couple of busy days at the drs and shit ya know how that goes, same old shit different day of the week right??

Anyhow wanted to jump on here real quick tonight and reply to PM's and get a post up in here. Still kicking guys just having one of those weeks i guess. Hope you guys are all doing good..

I will try and get back on here tomorrow to really catch up! Supposed to get hit with snow tomorrow into Friday OH JOY!! :santa:

Later fellas.

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Sup HBF??
Ah having another rough patch here but I will live. Dialysis has sucked the last 2-3 days. Off today but have to go in tomorrow "Sunday" due to the fact they are closed Monday for Presidents Day?? WTH who the F cares about Presidents Day :lol:

Well anyway, hope everyone has a good weekend we are supposed to get 2-3 inches more snow today :hammer:

Later HBF

phoenex

Hey Chris ---Sorry to hear that the past few days haven't been good for you. Give me a call if you feel up to it.

I was busy @ DDM ---I ordered a new body for the FG as well as front disc brakes, aluminum servo tray, aluminum servo saver, ball drive set, plus some parts I needed for the FID brake upgrade on the 5b.

I can't wait to get warm weather so this freakin snow goes away.

Feel better ---Better days are just around the corner.

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Hey Chris ---Sorry to hear that the past few days haven't been good for you. Give me a call if you feel up to it.

I was busy @ DDM ---I ordered a new body for the FG as well as front disc brakes, aluminum servo tray, aluminum servo saver, ball drive set, plus some parts I needed for the FID brake upgrade on the 5b.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/phoenex26/RC%20Cars/IMG_20140215_120228_626_zpsuno7xfz2.jpg

I can't wait to get warm weather so this freakin snow goes away.

Feel better ---Better days are just around the corner.

Ah nice you told me about all of those parts, I cant wait to see those brakes as well as the body.. At least no snow has started falling yet! Winter needs to be over QUICK!!
I'll give you a buzz later on today ;)

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Sup HBF??

Thought I would stop in real quick while I'm feeling good. Had a pretty good Dialysis treatment today, it was just a long day. Rain and melting snow but I will take that over the white stuff flying any day that's for sure.. Anyhow not much going on here, drs appointment on Friday, another Renal Scan yippee! Otherwise hanging in there!

Later guys..

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Whats up HBF>

Well weekend is almost here, one more day of hell to get through and I am done for 2 days.. :lol:
Have a busy day tomorrow, Dialysis then the drs.. I have a Renal Scan to do tomorrow and blood work "oh joy"
Anyhow hope everyone is having a good week, and have a great weekend!

Time for me to call it a night, later guys..

ctdave

Hi there,hope you make out alright tomorrow.I'm waiting for the snow to go.Had enough already.I can't even find my fireplace out there.

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
[Morning HBF!!
Weekend is finally here :clap:
Not going to do much this weekend though, my right foot decided to flare up with Cellulitus again yesterday. Not the first time I have had this crap. It hurts to walk, put any weight on my foot at all.. DAMNIT not how i wanted to spend my weekend. Foot started to actually bother me yesterday morning andi should have known something was up! Foot is just all black and blue and pissed off looking and like I said hurts like hell to walk on. Putting my sneakers on today to go out later is going to be a lot of fun :no:

Looks great huh??

Ah well just another day in my life of shit! LMAO It never ends I guess..
Well I need to get moving got things to do around the house this morning and then later on today getting together with some of the local guys again for lunch should be good times, not to mention we are going to my FAV Mexican restaurant "Baja Grill" in East Northport!!

Later guys

record high of 81 in la yesterday
I would love some temps like that, my front and backyard are still looking like frozen tundra's although it was in the 40's yesterday and a lot of the snow melted there is still a lot to go yet.. Glad we are high up and don't have to worry about water and flooding..
Keep cool Don :cool:

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Whats up HBF??

Well 4 years of "the Monsterman thread" are lost but that's ok that isn't what is important what matters is HBF is back up and running. All I am going to say is its time to just move forward. I am not going to get into the topic much whats done is done whats been lost is lost lets just move forward.

So for t hose of you who I haven't done to good with keeping up with or in touch I finally got that Gastric Pacemaker, had that surgery back in Jan 2016, 3 months after that got on the transplant list. I got a new Kidney/Pancreas on May 5th 2017 and a year later on May 21st 2018 I finally got that full hip replacement.. I am doing awesome, I feel great, I'm 5 months post full hip replacement and I haven't been held down, I am cutting grass, working on projects I would of never even touched. I met a great group of guys at the local bike shop. I've been doing some riding to. We have a huge race complex in Pittsburgh and luck just has it that my buddy who works at the bike shop his Uncle also owns this track so I have been jumping on some sport bikes and getting used to being upright on 2 wheels. I am going to buy a bike next Spring winters here suck so I wont be riding anything on 2 wheels over the winter. I've been learning the in's and out's of the sport bikes and also some of my buddies race bikes. I've got about 63 hours on a bike/track under my butt so I think next year getting on a bike and actually being on a street I should and will be ready.
Aside from that, the coolder months are up ahead so I will be back down in the basement getting all my 5th scales up and running, for the most part their all together there are just odd's and ends I need to attend to. Change oils, buy some new rx batteries etc. Otherwise just have to blow all the dust off and they'll be ready to run!!

Anyhow day one of HBF being back up and running is almost over, I post on Facebook and I hope those of you who have walked away from the 5th scale scene but still keep in touch with me, other friends who run 5th scale or even rc in general I hope you guys come back and post up even if its just to post in this thread! I know I have missed this place, its members!! Lets get to rebuilding HBF guys!!
If anyone has any questions, needs some help with something forum wise just send me a PM, email or txt msg.. I wont be far..

looker2756

It is great to see the place back up for sure !

I know that FB and many other types of social media have taken Huge numbers away form the forums, but many of us have noticed the main problems with that. First off, there is no search feature to retrieve any information, and many times you are just believing whoever decides to answer any questions. Many times those fastest to answer, don't always have the correct knowledge to answer the questions, But the asking person don't know that. Hopefully this forum will allow people to get good help if needed.

I have never lost my drive for R/C and 1/5th scale in general. I just got 4 of my Baja's back up and running, and have a fun run scheduled here at my house / track next weekend the 21st. Hope that all goes well, and I can assure I myself am going to have a fantastic time !!

Awesome to see MM back, as Chris and I have been friends for many years now, and it was so cool to finally meet up in person back in 2009 at Hostile Baja Fest. A bunch of years have passed since then, and from the story, Many things have changed for you too Chris. It is obvious that many changes have been for the better and that is Awesome !!

I hope that people continue to support this forum, and I wish the new management much success.

Rock On with your Baja's !!

Attachments

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Good to see some familiar names already coming back to HBF! I've been taking down notes as they pop into my head as to what id like to do, what if like to see be done and happen. Good to see we are moving forward.

Nice rigs as usual Bob!!