Modified RC Sealed and Booted Brake Discs

Thread starter #1

Modified RC

Here is the latest part for the LOSI 5ive from Modified RC.
They are sealed and booted brake discs, we can now grease the drive cups and shafts for the center diff, greatly reducing the wear on the drive cups and the driveshaft pins.

They are sold in a set with:
2 brake discs
2 boots (HPI Baja boots cut to length)
2 high temp (Viton) o-rings
3 zip ties (1 extra spare)

Here is a pic the o-ring side of the disc:

The knurled side of the disc:

We had quite a few testers running these, but the following pics are from one tester that started out with a brand new LOSI 5ive kit. He installed my brake discs, shock towers, and center diff mount set right out of the box, he also used a 29cc engine with a LOSI pipe. After competing at Power Jam, and a summer of bashing at the Turtle Racing compound, he was very happy when he tore the truck down for maintenence. Here are his pics of the drivetrain parts, these pics were taken while on his 3rd or 4th gallon of fuel!

Drive cup slots:

Driveshaft pins:

These sealed and booted brake discs are shipping to DDM and LargeScale RC right now, they should be available through them within a week or two.
Retail price is $50.00 for the set.

Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions.

Thread starter #2

Modified RC

A couple pics of the discs installed:

The Threshold dual servo set up required no grinding for the front boot to clear:

I am running the big single Hitec HS900 steering servo in my 5ive, i had to grind a little off the mount to create clearance for the front driveshaft boot.

reedcase_chris

Ordering my set asap. What strength material are the disks made from? The pic makes it looks soft but I'm sure you guys know what your doing, i love my center diff mount.

Thread starter #6

Modified RC

Ordering my set asap. What strength material are the disks made from? The pic makes it looks soft but I'm sure you guys know what your doing, i love my center diff mount.
Thanks, the discs are made from 6061 aluminum. They last a long time and the center section won't get deformed like the stock thin discs do.