Modded My Gas Cap Vent

kfx400kid

So i had a little problem with my engine flooding and i was building pressure in my gas tank and didn't know what was going on. So with alittle help of hbf i was able to track it to my gas cap vent. It wasn't clogged with dirt and everything look good but it wouldn't vent, so i decided to do the gas cap mod. I am not the first to do it, i just used someones else idea to do it to mine. The hardest part was finding the fittings to do it.

So i started by drilling the old vent hole to accept the m5 threaed fitting,and put a oring under the nut to help keep dirt out ..

Then i dremeled the gasket alittle, i should have pluged the vent and drilled in the middle of the cap and i wouldn't have had to do this part...

This is the fitting i used...

This is were i ordered the fitting from, http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__13244__90_Degree_Brass_Fuel_Pipe_5pcs_bag_.html

Last edited:

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Another good mod man, do you have a fuel filter or something on the other end so you don't suck dirt?

kfx400kid

Rite now i have just a air stone from my extra fish tank stuff. Seems to be working good as of now. I know if it flips upside down it will leak gas out that's why you surpose to have a check valve on it. I just haven't found one yet......

jbooker82

I do that to mine as well. I use a small pressure nipple made for nitro Rc exhaust pipes and use small nitro line clear out the back of my Baja.

kfx400kid

Ya i know ou2mame, my kids cr80 has one on the gas tank vent. Just haven't bought one yet cause now I'm trying to upgrade my engine and will get it once I'm ready to run it......

kfx400kid

Your welcome jester, it just takes awhile for them to come in so if your in a hurry to get them your going to wait....I seen that bubba, just waiting to get one. I need other things first.....

dscjester

Your welcome jester, it just takes awhile for them to come in so if your in a hurry to get them your going to wait....I seen that bubba, just waiting to get one. I need other things first.....
Ordered today..... Didn't realize where they were located. :blush: Thanks again