Mgm compro

PyroZona

Wait...from which site? RCMadness or direct from MGM Compro? 'Cause RCMadness is charging $750 for the MGM Compro they carry (although they don't mention which model it is or the specs of it) :scared:, yet on MGM's site I can't find any ESC over $654.

So which model number Compro X-Series did you get two of for that price?? If they're the 40063-3 or the 25063-3 model, then you got a seriously smokin' deal...on esc's that aren't likely to smoke, lol! But these are the only 2 that MGM sells that have better specs and likely durability than the XL2 from Castle.

Whichever ones you got, hopefully you'll be posting some vids for all of us sometime soon! Oh...and be gentle with your braking unless you've got one of the two controllers I mentioned above! MGM has a .pdf on their site with some in-depth testing they did to show how braking with an esc in large scale r/c vehicles like ours can destroy a controller.

Just a heads up, in case you (or anyone else, for that matter...) missed it on the MGM site.

Modded5T

Yea they gave us a deal because we bought 2...We save roughly a 100$ bucks on each Esc.

I bought directly from MGM sorry I didn't mention that. If you contact them they will give you a good price, just tell them what you need.

We picked up 2 x the 25063-3 with total of 10 connectors,2 x usb connector, 2 x water proof,2 x cc 11 cable, and 2 x heat sink fan setup came to like 1340$ USD or total like 1054 euro with shipping.

Last edited:

Anders.g

I about to order a MGM controller, but what should I order with it? Its a lot of options but what should I pic?

satttheman

I about to order a MGM controller, but what should I order with it? Its a lot of options but what should I pic?
check out fightercat too! heres my fightercat on 10s can't really get past half throttle but its ballistic!!! Ive had it for a few months now and i've never had a problem.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzxE6fdTHGQ&feature=plcp[/ame]

Anders.g

Hm yea I know of the fightercat, but don't heard a lot about them, so I'm a bit scared of ending up with another bad esc like the xl2 are...

Anders.g

Isn't the 2028 rated to 30000 rpm at max? And they run it on 12 s who mens putting 34xxx rpms to the motor!

Camco

No worries, you deserve all the credit you get for those cars.

And I agree with the 4wd thing, as that's the only downside of the Baja's for me.

But I think you have it wrong. Both those cars could have (and do) exist without the MGM controller. If anything, and judging by the pics, what they couldn't have existed without is the Castle 2028. Right?

Not taking anything away from your cars but there are plenty of eBaja's running the XL2 on 8s and for realistic purposes are almost as overpowered and crazy as yours. And there are already a few Losi 5ive's with XL2 on 8s ripping up the streets. Not as crazy as yours, but still borderline crazy.

The MGM is obviously the king of the pack where large scale ESC's are concerned, and for good reason I know, but the XL2 still does a great job with many of the same features. ie current limiters, torque/traction control, selectable BEC voltage from 5-7 or more, data logging, fully configurable throttle/brake curves, can be waterproofed and plenty more. The more options we as a consumer have the better, :)
Easely try it with a Lehner 3060 825kv motors

modojojo

Hi, If you plan on running your car on anything over 8s go with MGM, I have two X series. One In my kraken 5T and one In my DBXLE. They are costly ( almost the cost of another 5th scale car) but It will save you money In the long run. The Asian high power ESC's are hit or miss. I tried the ZTW beast pro It gave problems right out of the box, I ended up eating the cost and went and got another MGM. Modded5T you must mean 670 in a different currency, because there cheapest X2 Is around 524.80eur which Is about 595.00 U.S. and that's not including shipping, vat, ect,....Also I'm not sure how they are with telephone service, but they respond to e-mails well. Lukas and Tomas were able to help me solve issues I had with the first one, when I got the second one I knew exactly what to do.