Measurements of hole locations

FluxNZ

Hi all,

Any chance someone can help me with hole locations on the Super 5SC Tvps? Currently in the process of designing the second version of my custom 5T Tvps and need to fine out some of the hole location measurements so I can add parts from the Super 5SC to these Tvps.

If anyone can help me out let me know and I'll pass on what measurements I need.

Thanks.

FluxNZ

Cheers :)

I've done away with the centre transmission and using a centre diff instead. I just want to add the Super 5SC side body mounts, roll bar etc. Bit of work moving areas of the TVP around to get everything to fit.

CD setup. Motor mount can be redesigned to take a Castle 2028, just a matter of getting a spur that will suit the 2028 pinions.

Hpibajajumper

wow thats some nice work. will be pretty sweet to see an after market tvp chassis to fit the cc 2028 motor in there. since the 5sc flux wont be able to fit a cc 2028 stock or it might but i can really tell from pics.

FluxNZ

wow thats some nice work. will be pretty sweet to see an after market tvp chassis to fit the cc 2028 motor in there. since the 5sc flux wont be able to fit a cc 2028 stock or it might but i can really tell from pics.
Yup the 2028 will fit in there no problem it's just the pitch (pretty sure that's what it is) is different on the 2028 pinions so finding a spur (1/8 buggy truggy diff) to match the same pitch is a problem that's why I'm using a Castle 1520-1600kv motor for now.

Edit: Didn't think about mod1 pinions 8mm, seems to be some floating around. Just need to be tough to handle the torque.

Last edited:

Killer GT

thays looking sick and how the savage shoulda been built or atleast the super sc, cant wait to see more progress on this build woulda gasser fit by any chance yea think?

FluxNZ

What Hole location do you need to know? The motor and transmission has be removed from mine.
Measurements I need are the horizontal distance from the rear bulk head pin hole point (red square) where the tvp mounts to the bulk head to the side body mount holes, centre of holes to centre of holes. Eg: Say 110mm?

Vertical distances of the 4 holes of the mounts, centre to centre. Eg: 2 bottom holes are say 10mm apart then 60mm up to the next vertical hole etc.

Measurement of the horizontal distance apart centre to centre of the 2 mounting brackets. Eg: Say 250mm apart?

The distance from the bottom of the tvp to the centre of the first bottom vertical hole. Eg: Say 10-15mm from the bottom?

Distance of one of the battery box brackets closest to the side body mount brackets just to check if HPI mounted the boxes even between the brackets.

Posted a picture of the holes I need in red, blue line is the distances I need measured, square is the bulk head pin hole.

Hope thats clear enough.

Thanks for the help :)

FluxNZ

thays looking sick and how the savage shoulda been built or atleast the super sc, cant wait to see more progress on this build woulda gasser fit by any chance yea think?
Haven't looked into doing a gasser but it's not hard to design something.
Thanks for the comment:)

FluxNZ

Had a chance to look into those measurements 1fastmr2?

Weekend is coming up and need something to do :)

Last edited:

FluxNZ

Been quite hard to find an online shop that has the Super 5SC parts in stock but managed to source parts from the US and the UK.

I'm still waiting on the last components to be machined before I can setup the drive shafts and Dark soul Baja hex mod.