Lufkin rc park

jtphillips23

Hey guys, we have a pretty nice oval track for the fifth scales and an offroad track also in east texas if anyone on here is interested in coming to race with us. our next race will be saturday august 3rd. practice starts at 5pm and racing starts at 6. we have a lap counting system. transponders are 40$ or you can rent one. hit me up if you have any questions or visit our facebook page (Lufkin RC Park). we also run 10th and 8th scale.

jtphillips23

Here's a pic of one of there new late model bodies. Guy in Mississippi by the name of brad hill is making them. Nice guy.

TXbaja

Looks like I'll be the only one from Houston again. For anyone considering going, let me tell you it's well worth the trip. It would be nice to support our east neighbors.

thsismyusrname

That body is friggin SWEET! I always wanted to mount up a late model body on my 1/10 sc10, but I think it would be way cooler on a Baja. I'm gonna look up his facebook page.

stsguy

Sept 7th new info

:clap:HELLLLLLLO:clap: quick ANNOUNCEMENT RACERS, FANS and wives that get dragged along:)
DO NOT EAT BEFORE YOU COME TO THE TRACK!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT EAT BEFORE YOU COME TO THE TRACK!!!!!!!!!

Sept 7 will be the first trial run for "THE NEW" Lufkin R/C Park
********** Concession Stand************
100% of the profit will go to the track for improvements,race winnings,trophies,t shirts or what ever the track's owners see fit But the profit will come back to you one way or another.
My Dear wife and pregnant daughter have graciously agreed to tackle this task so the race experience at L.R.P can be better every time you come. We have a good thing here and your support will make it better...
The menu is "as of today"
Fresh cooked all beef dogs on steamed hot dog buns
"Fast Dogs"
Chips A Variety of
and drinks can soft drinks on ice
Candy and snacks for the kiddos and the list grows as the ideas come in...
We have bought Coke Dr. Pepper, watrer and Sprite if you want something else drop a line and we get back to the store
If it works out we might add nachos and burgers next time
If you have and idea please share
I promise it will be the cheapest meal in town and you will be helping the sport we love....
Still need someone to video and take pictures you can use a phone, nothing special, just a way to log the races to post online to draw more racers.....Thanks again see ya on the dirt Joe

TXbaja

I'm officially in the EDM class. Just picked this up from a forum member. It's been a shelve queen way to long I'm ready to throw some dirt on it.

jtphillips23

Totally reworked the track into a bowl shape to help with drainage of the track surface. Should make it faster also with the bank in the whole track surface.

stsguy

Thanks Guys

I want to sat thinks to Travis and Rick for a place to enjoy our sport. I have been to many R/C pay tracks "none hold a candle to track quality" The amount of work, effort and MONEY it takes to pull this off is easy to over look when you just show up on race day. Trust me it takes work to provide a race ready track... Travis was watching his kids last weekend so I went to lend a hand since the track was holding a foot of water in the center of the oval and everything else was MUD!

I use HIS tractor HIS diesel and HIS equipment and it would have been easy for him to say "cancel" But in true spirit he was ready to drop cash and time on anything needed so we could race. Sat. night folks were laughing under there breath at the tractor spinning in the mud:scooter: BUT SUNDAY WE RACED ... So guys please remember the cost and labor and time it takes to give this gift to us.... There is no charge no cover no nothing so when you see him or Rick Tell them thanks and ask if you can pitch in...
Things the track can use?

One MILLION Dollars!
P.a. horn
Big lights
Water pump for well and for center of track until drain is installed
Red clay for the tracks God knows how much they spent so far!
A friend of mine is trying to get us a rubber tire compactor roller that pulls behind a truck
T shirt donations or anything to give race winners
Use your imagination
If you like something support it or it will GO AWAY
P.s Its high time Lufkin R/c park is reconized as a real track on the fourms

Sorry if Im long winded but I think a thanks is in order