Losi 5iveBXL build

Thread starter #1

OCBaja

Here's a project I've been working on for a while. My goal was to create a DBXL using all 5iveT parts while maintaining the same wheelbase as a stock DBXL. The only DBXL parts used are the cage/body, bumpers, side plastics, and fuel tank - everyhting else is all 5ive parts. I started by making a new now flex .190 thick chassis from scratch that has the same width as the DBXL chassis and allows the use of the stock DBXL side plastics and front bumper. In order to keep the same wheelbase I had to make a custom length rear driveshaft as the dbxl is 2 inches shorter than the 5ive. Next I had to make a new rear shock tower in order to clear the DBXL cage. The shock tower incorporates the stock cage mounts and rear bumper support. To top the build off I had a custom Bartolone pipe made.

This should be a real performer with superior strength and performance.

Stayed tuned for updates...

mongospaz

What is the advantage to using 5ive running gear instead of the DBXL's? Are there any parts that interchange with the two?

LightForce

The losi 5ive parts are superior to the DBXL 's. none of the parts re interchangeable.
Yes. 5ive beefy parts are excellent when you race or bash the rc. I know there would be couple pounds gain with this diet;-) , let me know the final weight when she is done.