Losi 5ive T not selling as it should?

rednec_d

The baja had the shock factor with its sheer size. The price may be intimidating but remember that people are waiting for restocking with the Losi and more than likely tax returns! Look at how much stuff is in the for sale section and craigslist! i know its crossed my mind.

Duda Designs RC

I think that they are doing quite well. I have heard of them being out of stock at different places. I also agree that a release during the winter months would probably hold back sales a little bit. When more people get to see them at local tracks in parts of the country that are cold and snowy during these months, there will be even more after them. They won't be going anywhere soon

Bbbutch

December race at 101 RC Track and Club in Petaluma Calif we had 5 of them and none of them broke down through 2 - 15 minute heats and a 20 minute main. January race we had 10 of them. The next race is in March. Any predictions on how many will be there?
The truck has been well built and throughly tested. I was so impressed with it at the December race that I sold both of my 5B's and bought one for the January race. I've never thought much of 4WD racers but this one will change your mind!

Dustmaster

I'm one of the first to have my 5T in Belgium in December 2011, my Baja i bought as the SS kit, and i was also thinking about waiting on some feedback or maybe a kit version but couldn't resist and became an early adopter myself. Not a second have i regretted it!!
As for the kit issue,... i disassembled it completely to the last bolt and built it back up again with almost every available upgrade so far (check it here http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122185 ) its a great way to get to know your truck and check all fluid levels in shocks and diffs, and honestly its a super easy platform to work on, if this was a kit version it would be built in much less time then i needed to build my SS! Local hobby stores here only get one or 2 in and they sell immediately!
As it is winter here i haven't been driving it much but i'm sure you will see much more 5ive action in 1 or 2 months from now!

Alumicraft RC

i have spoken to a few people at Pegesus Hobbies in so cal about the Losi. Most all of them have stated that the HPI Baja is the way to go. They stated that the Losi is a poor design and they are constantly watching the Chasi fold up due to lack of support. I have spoken to 2 people who have both and they agree that the HPI is a much sturdier design and would chose the HPI over the Losi.

TrackTalkerNC

i have spoken to a few people at Pegesus Hobbies in so cal about the Losi. Most all of them have stated that the HPI Baja is the way to go. They stated that the Losi is a poor design and they are constantly watching the Chasi fold up due to lack of support. I have spoken to 2 people who have both and they agree that the HPI is a much sturdier design and would chose the HPI over the Losi.
This is like comparing a chainsaw to a scalpel. The Losi is definitely not a great candidate for someones first RC, but neither is the Baja. I freaking love mine(race only, I dont bash) and cant believe how much easier it is too work on and how durable it is. I'm also not aware of anyone being held at gunpoint to purchase a new 5ive. While it may not be everyones cup of tea, it is head and shoulders above any other 4wd platform and comparing it to anything else is kinda pointless. I also don't understand why everyone is expecting the 5ive to be flawless out of the box, it is the initial release and some bumps in the road are to be expected. Lets just be happy that a manufacturer as major as Losi has taken an interest in our 1/5 scale obsessions. Competition breeds competiton, imagine what HPI is going to have when they produce their first true gas 4wd platform(not a glorified savage flux), I know I'll be in line for one, just like I was my 5ive. (if HPI ever gets around to it.... pick up the pace guys!)

Last edited:

Dragonfire

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Here's one guy that had a Baja and now has a Losi that's saying you should ask guys who are a little less chemically impaired. ie, they should lay off the crack pipe ASAP!!!!

TripleBfromWB

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Here's one guy that had a Baja and now has a Losi that's saying you should ask guys who are a little less chemically impaired. ie, they should lay off the crack pipe ASAP!!!!
i agree, when you look under the covers of both side by side, it makes the Baja look like a toy (and I own three of them). The Losi is pretty beefy.

looseman

That is funny stuff, if yer that gullable...

I have a bridge to sell ya too! :lol:

Im buying one soon cause Im tired of wrenching on the baja's.
Yer tellin me, I ran out of stuff to tinker with on my 5ive till some more stuff comes in, so I started the winter rebuild on my 5BSS, man what a difference.

Last edited:

LowFlier

I'm picking one up at the LHS tomorrow. They're giving me $100 off for the display model. I looked it over today and there is nothing wrong or missing that I can see. It's well kept and never abused.

Next I'm sure I'll come up with $200 in must-haves. Kill switch, outerwares, and a Senad filter setup for starters. Then maybe some hub adapters so I can leverage my Baja tires. Do I have any money left? :no:

Hi, I'm Tim, and I have an addiction...

TrackTalkerNC

Bad as I hate to say it, with a substantial investment in HPI products, after working on a Losi you will start to get a little frustrated with your baja. I can be down to a bare chassis plate in about 15 minutes. And that's with taking the time to light a cigarette! LMAO!

hauler_10-4

Bad as I hate to say it, with a substantial investment in HPI products, after working on a Losi you will start to get a little frustrated with your baja. I can be down to a bare chassis plate in about 15 minutes. And that's with taking the time to light a cigarette! LMAO!
LMAO thats what Im talking about.