Losi 5ive T not selling as it should?

Thread starter #1

kcua_626

Is it just me or the Losi 5ive -T is not selling as it should? I'm really interested in a Losi 5ive-T and I have been waiting for quite some time already for it to actually take off so I can buy one and be rest assured that support for the platform will continue. But every Losi 5ive related forum I go to, including losi5iveforum, is having problems expanding its user base. Post and thread counts are also really low. I'm not from the States so I don't really have a feel for the Losi large scale scene there but it really seems that Losi is struggling to sustain sales of the 5ive.

Can you guys give inputs re. this matter? Maybe its the price that's holding down the sales?

Retaks

I see them everywhere around here but they all say there not selling. I think the price is too high for alot of the people to spend.

Z33

it seems like quite a few are jumping the bandwagon from what i read, it will probabaly just take time for the user base to grow, im sure there wer not this many ppl on here a few months after the baja came out

frddyj

its not easy to even get one around here, places are waiting for them to come in and when they do, they don't get very many and they're gone pretty much same day.

Dragonfire

The user base for the 5ive-T is also different. Far more racers are buying these, so you won't see them on the forums that are comprised mostly of bashers. Most racers are already very familiar with the 8ight series mechanics, so besides some motor advice, they don't really need help with the truck.

There's far fewer problems with the 5ive-T than the baja, so there isn't a sea of people with broken 1000$ vehicles scouring the net for solutions as when the baja forums sprang up.

It's also winter in most of the country, so RC forums are always slow this time of the year.

beloved07

i think when the spring time comes and race season starts you will be suprised at how many people have these things these tracks are going to have classes for these losi 5s and when people get a gander at these trucks they are gona want em...but as far as my group of friends who i race and bash with only one guy has one.....but they are selling

zignzag

Pritty sure the 5ive is around to stay a long time. It's a very well thought out design and built rc vehicle from a respectable company that build quality products. I don't own one but from what I've seen and read about them they're amazing. Other upgrade companies are sure to start producing parts for the 5ive as well. All I can say is they're worth the money and if I had the money I'd buy one. I'd keep my bajas too cuz they're so much fun as well.

frddyj

also, you can't really compare the the amount of losi owners to baja yet.

peeps have had the opportunity to buy a baja (in several different versions) for 7 years where the losi has been on the market for a couple of months.

considering this point, id say that the losi is off to a very strong start and who knows, they might even be planning for another version or whatever.

Wildjones

Four of my friends have gone out and bought them in the last two weeks, and I am sure a fifth will be buying one within the next month or so. Sounds like they are selling pretty good if you ask me :). Also, as has been mentioned, remember how long the Baja has been out and how long the Losi has been out. Soon enough I feel like there will be quite a number of Losi people active on forums.

hauler_10-4

I want to wait until more aftermarket parts are available and the truck is a year old.
Im buying one soon cause Im tired of wrenching on the baja's. From what i heard and seen the stock losi does not need that many upgrades compared to the baja. Thats why you probably wont that huge support of aftermarket parts cause Losi got it right out of the box.

kmas

what we need now, is more brands to produce a 1/5th scale 4x4, I for one like choices, and while I did buy an original 5b rtr, that was the only 1/5th scaler at the time....the happiest rc purchase I ever made.

The 5ive is not doubt a cool truck and I don't think that a good estimation of their demand can be made in February, at least for me because I know I wouldn't want to spend 1500 bucks or whatever just to stand out side and freeze my hands off. I agree on if they make a kit though!