Looking for track motor ideas

ryeguy

I am looking for a DRIVEABLE off road motor and a DRIVEABLE oval motor ..
Whats your reccomendations and why ??

I already have a 29.5

Thanks
Ryan

Last edited:

shreadhead

Media
For the track you'll be looking for a smooth powerband with some balls like a shreadhead 26 or prostock 27.2, guess which one I run :D. You'll want to run a 6k clutch and I like the 668/603 becuase to me they seam more snappy off the bottom. For oval a full mod OBR 27.2 like the one Hostile Rob runs seems to be the motor of choice that has a few podiums under its belt, even John shultz from HPI went back to it after tryong a few other motors from other builders that didn't work out so well.
Gearing and car set up will have to be chosen for the track

ryeguy

For the track you'll be looking for a smooth powerband with some balls like a shreadhead 26 or prostock 27.2, guess which one I run :D. You'll want to run a 6k clutch and I like the 668/603 becuase to me they seam more snappy off the bottom. For oval a full mod OBR 27.2 like the one Hostile Rob runs seems to be the motor of choice that has a few podiums under its belt, even John shultz from HPI went back to it after tryong a few other motors from other builders that didn't work out so well.
Gearing and car set up will have to be chosen for the track
Since I have a 29.5 already should I use that for the oval ( it does fly) and choose a prostock 27.2 for the offroad?? if so which pipe with it ??

thanks Rodney!!!

shreadhead

Media
Since I have a 29.5 already should I use that for the oval ( it does fly) and choose a prostock 27.2 for the offroad?? if so which pipe with it ??

thanks Rodney!!!
The 29 will work for oval if it revs good since I have noticed everyone runs big gears but you have to have consistant lap times or you will suffer big every spin out or when you get out of shape. At hostile i did well with a slow track motor on oval because i was consistant and drove around the maham.
I run a T can on all my track motors because its a smooth pipe and smooth is important in 2wd.

ryeguy

yeah thats what I was thinking for the oval, I believe Rodney!!

I was just trying to figure out if a 27 would do the trick for the offroad or switch them but it sounds like the 29 will work for the oval and a prostock 27 for the offroad with the T can.