looking for some ideas for Mp3 or iPod for kids

ryeguy

I am looking for something reasonable for my twin boys 7yr olds in a mp3 player or ipod that is hopefully under $100. the cheap ones at walmart didnt last 2 weeks and they are not getting a $200 ipod. I need something with a screen so they can see what they are playing.
So help me out with some ideas or links as to what I can look at for them.

thanks
Ryan

Last edited:

rnadvanced

iPods are the reigning champion of the mp3 world. If your shopping with the outlook of getting the cheapest model you can get to just play music,any of them are great at that

If your goal is to get them the model that they will get the most use out of, then get the cheapest model iPod touch you can that gets all the free games and apps.

MCRIPPPer

the ipod touch is pretty neat. my sister got one and the screen got messed up, but apple gave her a new one no questions asked... cool!

apple is awesome- most of the time.

dunatics

Personally I would quit throwing good money after bad. Like my dad use to tell me "The cheap becomes expensive. Save up and buy good quality once and you will be money ahead." I know this isn't always realistic but I would look for a used first or second generation iPad, bigger screen, watch movies, play music and great learning games. Its very interactive and many schools are using them. My daughter works with autistic children and the iPad has been a great tool to work with them.

MCRIPPPer

apple stuff is always the same price no matter where you get it. the ipads and stuff are nice but the screens are the most fragile thing iv ever seen on anything ever. same with the ipod touch.

you drop it and "goodbye iPad"