Led tv

zignzag

Ok, I've narrowed it down to a 32inch LED TV. There's still lots of choices. Willing to spend up to $380. What's better 60 for response rate or 120. Looking at 3 brands Toshiba, Samsung, or Panisonic. Toshiba is the one with the 120 response rate I believe while the others are 60. Does it really make that much of a difference between 60 and 120 and the Toshiba is cheaper then the rest. The Panisonic has really nice color though and all these tv's are 720p which is a little better then my old tv with 420 I think it is.

jbooker82

Yes it does. 60 hz lcd/led tv will be more prone to motion blur. Watch a hockey game on the tv to see if the puck bounces around when they take a slap shot.

The other thing to consider is it a true refresh rate. Some times they don't tell you the actual refresh rate, but rather what the TV's software emulates.

burton996

If you could, I would spend a little extra and get a Samsung with the 120 refresh rate. It's something your going to use alot and have a long time.

zignzag

Went to visions today. Looked at a Toshiba 32" 720p 120hz LED tv. Looked good and they want around 275 plus tax so figure thats a ok deal. Looking at Samsung too. There was a Panasonic as well with amazing color but was only 60hz and price is around 300 and something. Didn't really like the salesperson though, No personality and was pushing other products on me to get with the tv like a maintenance fee for $70, hdmi cable for $99. I guess they gotta do that because it' what they're trained to do and can be a good thing I guess but didn't like hi that much, lol!. Almost bought the toshiba as he was putting my name and address in the computer but as soon as i heard the price I just said no sorry not ready to buy yet and need time to think it over. The says guy was speechless at first then said let me get the manager and maybe we can work out a better deal for you. I just said ya know what I'm sorry but I need more time to think it over for a few days thanks anyway and walked away. So doing little more research tonight then may go in tomorrow or in a day or 2 because I didn't see the other fellow that was nicer to me on friday eve that why I went in today because he said he'd be in but I didn't see him around so didn't want to really buy from someone else.

jbooker82

Sounds like the store is a subsidy of Best Buy. That is how they operate. They claim that there is no commission off sales but they push stuff at you like there is. You don't need an expensive HDMI cable. Since its a digital cable the signal ether gets there or it doesn't. As long as it gets there then its going to be the same digital signal weather it has passed through a 10 dollar HDMI cable or a $100 one.

Last edited:

zignzag

Ya, thanks. Went back to visions at got a Toshiba 32" LED 720p 120hz. OMG!, what a difference when playing the ps3. I've been missing out all this time on the old tv. Its amazing, so clear!. I just have basic cable yet but it converts to hd when playing games on the ps3. So nice!