kraken chassis mod to shorty?

dscjester

No shorty hear. I like to see what guys are doing and after you raved about this chassie I decided to read more about it. Got a black X2 in route to me for my OBR Twin. Just to see how long it will last and hold up to the weight. Look for a full review coming soon.
Goodluck with your shortie.

frddyj

No shorty hear. I like to see what guys are doing and after you raved about this chassie I decided to read more about it. Got a black X2 in route to me for my OBR Twin. Just to see how long it will last and hold up to the weight. Look for a full review coming soon.
ok.... i guess congratulations are in order?

Goodluck with your shortie.
Thank you. Im looking forward to trying out some different aspects of the hobby: dyeing, powder coating, airbrushing, and maybe a new, more exotic power plant. should be fun. ill prob add a picture when its done. gonna take a while, a lot of painfully-slow steps in the powder coat and airbrush process.

hemmy50

seems like this thread has died.well i am going to make a shorty.i have had the chassis for a wile beating the hell out of it and is holding up great.here is a pic, of my chassis after over 2 gallons of gas beating it in a sand pit with rocks and some air time.you can check the north east region under how is ripping in Maine for videos of it the one with the orange chassis.

KraKenRC

seems like this thread has died.well i am going to make a shorty.i have had the chassis for a wile beating the hell out of it and is holding up great.here is a pic, of my chassis after over 2 gallons of gas beating it in a sand pit with rocks and some air time.you can check the north east region under how is ripping in Maine for videos of it the one with the orange chassis.
wow after all that the chassis still looks good pretty good!

hemmy50

thank you kraken it has held up very well if you check out the vids you will see we dont baby owe bajas.the dyed chassis hold the dye very well also.

hemmy50

i am very happy with how it turned out. now i will take it apart and dye the chassis black.i will be using rpm arms not the ones in the picture. every thing will be black. this will be my on road baja shorty.this chassis is great to work with and after all the abuse it has ben throw and still in great shape it will last for a very long time now.

hemmy50

if any of you are thinking of making a shorty this is a great chassis to do it with.in the next few days i will finish it and post more pics and a video of it up and running.

67chevl

Is the shorty chassis the same size for the electric and gas? I'm thinking using that chassis for a gas build. I'd like to see a video and some more pics of your build. It looks great!