Inclined shread stack

zignzag

Hi, I've recently noticed that my inclined shread stack is not only angled up which good but its also angled to the left side of the roll cage. My guess is that helps for clearance for the throttle linkage and some room under the filter for gas lines. Anyway my question is in the event of a crash that involves rolls I'm a little worried that the roll cage may come in contact with the filter causing damage to it and maybe the carb. Has anyone had any damage done to the air filter or other using the inclined shread stack. I may go back to the stock set up if this is a problem

Carp Boyz

You have nothing to worry about IMHO

We have yet to damage any carbs or filters and believe me we've landed rolled crashed and cartwheeled at Wot many many times

We never baby the bashers

jbooker82

You could always try the GBE stock filter adaptor. It just mounts off center on the carb, and keeps the filter at the same angle, only its raised up a little. You can also cut out ever other support of the stock filter. That way it would break way before it done any carb damage, and it makes for larger openings to flow air through. I doubt you would actually do any carb damage with a stock filter.

Last edited:

01350ss

the carb although small, is a lot stronger than a foam filter and plastic filter base. those would fail long before any damage to a carb.
i have the stack on mine, truck gained some latitude the other day until gravity took over and slammed the truck into concrete (didnt realize it was there, it was under dirt and a rug - yes a rug) no damage to report other than a nice new crack in the body.

zignzag

Ya, ok you'd get better protection if u have a 5t or sc from the body for sure. I've got the stack on my 5bss with zen 290 so its more vulnerable to damage to the air filter. Anyway I'm ok with it. Seems its not a problem with u all and durable so that makes me feel better about it. Thanks guys. Cheers!, time for a beer!.