ILLINOIS bashers post up!!

Thread starter #1,863

racer714

hi, just got back into my baja again, where is the deadend raceway located? Where is the track in nw Il located? Im getting my chase cage next week and want to come out and bash with you guys, im in barrington il, that is if you dont mind hanging out with a old man.....................

Chitown5BSS

hi, just got back into my baja again, where is the deadend raceway located? Where is the track in nw Il located? Im getting my chase cage next week and want to come out and bash with you guys, im in barrington il, that is if you dont mind hanging out with a old man.....................
100 Mill Rd, Gilbert's, IL. The land where the track is located is owned by T2K on this forum. Feel free to send him a PM and introduce yourself.

Check this thread:

http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114154

Read the first page about rules, etc. Subscribe to the thread as this is most often where we post intentions on going. This Sunday is looking good.

Juice

I'm hoping to make it out with Ducky Dave before the snow covers everything. Maybe next Friday after work? I'm a bit scared to go to the track though, heard there is a bad virus of Losi fever that hits unsuspecting baja owners upon arrival.....LOL.

hi! new on the site (and to 1/5 scale) but over 30 years in r/c. and am having hard time finding places to run in south burbs of chicago. any sugestions?
also has anyone ever run on the dunes in indiana??? not sure if dnr will chase me out!

Chitown5BSS

hi! new on the site (and to 1/5 scale) but over 30 years in r/c. and am having hard time finding places to run in south burbs of chicago. any sugestions?
also has anyone ever run on the dunes in indiana??? not sure if dnr will chase me out!
Can't run 'em at the dunes--I asked over the phone earlier this year. Gilberts is good and there's another spot at Irving Park and Cumberland on the NW side. It's is little tricky to get to, so PM me if you want details.

I'm in Warrenville. I've got a brother-in-law out in Genoa. I've got an SC and he's got a 5b. I'm looking for decent weather and need some more time behind the wheel before I head out to Gilberts. I've seen a few of you guys in the RCLargeScale forums. Is there a club or website associated with the track? I'd kind of like to get to know the tracks' owner before I show up with the noise maker...

bigchild

baja

hey ducky.what about that place with the big field that i met you at before with my kid.can you still run over there?the last time i ran was last year at irving and cumberland.i never been to gilberts but would like to try it sometime.theres a place near me in rockford called rocky glen i think where the run atv's and dirtbikes.and someone told me a while back that you can run there but you have to pay to get in.

RDucky47

hey ducky.what about that place with the big field that i met you at before with my kid.can you still run over there?the last time i ran was last year at irving and cumberland.i never been to gilberts but would like to try it sometime.theres a place near me in rockford called rocky glen i think where the run atv's and dirtbikes.and someone told me a while back that you can run there but you have to pay to get in.
Hey bigchild

Wish I could remember your name but its been a while.

You can still run in that field but i haven't ran there since 2011. I've been going to Gilberts. Lots of fun. Rocky Glenn sounds very tempting/interesting.

RDucky47

For anyone interested...

Custom painted Baja 5T body with Chicago Blackhawks theme. Backed with 3M rubberized automotive underbody paint – similar to rhino liner. Never used, only fitted for pictures. Few scratches on the roof from when the wind blew it onto the ground. Comes with Protecta low profile carbon fiber spoiler $85 - local pick up only