ILLINOIS bashers post up!!

Thread starter #1

racer714

Particularly people in the chicagoland vincinity and outlying areas. Lets geta bash session going soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Rockford area.....it looks like we need to find some place to run between Rockford and Chicago...someone posted on this forum about a new track around the Huntley area a year or two ago, see what i can find out.

Thread starter #9

racer714

whatever

ok lets get organized and get something going> I have inlaws around the Rockford area, so iM out there now and then. I will be out there the weekend of the 19th in July

zpmontog0947

that place looks nice, i have honestly thought about driving up to bong state recreational park to check it out, but we need to find a bmx track or something

Juice

Looks like most of us are from the Chicago burbs & Rockford area, although there isn't much activity going on locally from the responces in this thread. I took a break from my Baja for a couple months as I was busy messing with my other summer toys, but since then have gotten the Baja bug again. I'm looking to possibly join some of the Michigan guys at Silver Lake Sand dunes late October (25th & 26th) for the end of the year dune bash. Not 100% at this point, but sounds like a good time if I can get off work.

Juice

Cool, I'll let you know for sure if I can make it that weekend. My wife's aunt is about 1 hour north of Silver Lake, so I may plan a family weekend, but go to the dunes myself on Saturday. I'll send the wife shopping so there will be no conflict with my first sand dune trip. I'll also keep an eye out in the Michigan & Silver Lake threads to make sure nothing changes date wise.

Juice

I got my paddles a couple weeks ago (from Al's in Elmhurst) and these things look like they will throw some major sand...LOL. Next on my list is the Yamadude linkage, kill switch and possibly a rear DOM if the cash is there. I don't really want to run the X can in the sand as it seems like it would be too easy to suck sand into the motor/can even with the 6" tubes.

I just finished building my SS and am looking for some good areas to bash in. I'm in Elgin. Does anyone know of a good place?