Idle / Throttle issues

inf3rn0gt

OK, I have checked spark and it is good, and i even did a new mix of gas / oil (new gas) and I got my baja running... idled for about 3 or 4 mins and then stalled, then I have to choke it once, then it'll start, but only idle for maybe 15 seconds and then stall.... so I tried giving her a little gas when I start her up , but she dies....I hear no leaks, and I have also checked all the bolts and they seem good.... oh and the airfilter is clean....

any ideas?

I have also tried adjusting the needle and idle set screw and then I can maybe get it to idle upto 30 seconds but it sounds like it is idle high then low then high then low...and dies under throttlle...

I am thinking remove the card and blasing some carb cleaner in there... ideas?

I love this thing, but this year has been a pain with it... 1st year was great drove it few times a month and it ran great... and I thought this was way better than nitro, but right now my nitro is soooo much easier... help the frustration... a Baja SS is a terrible thing to waste :)

inf3rn0gt

maybe a gallon in it..... thats it.... wth.... I'll keep poking around for an air leak... how hard is it to rebuild?

XtReMe98

clean around the head gasket, run it, then check for oil.. If you're lucky it's just your head gasket seal. 20 mins of your time you can have it replaced without even having to pull the motor out completely..

Also while you're at it you might as well replace the piston ring.. check for scoring inside.. if there is any, stop and don't bother replacing anything and look into a new head kit.

BlackedOutBaja

Check for air leaks around the carb gaskets. With the engine running spray some carb cleaner, brake parts cleaner, or wd-40 at the gaskets between the carb and the head. If the rpm's change when the gaskets are sprayed then you have and air leak on the intake. Thats the first thing I would check. easy to do without taking anything apart.

inf3rn0gt

I may have a line on a new 26 and a used but strong zen 23 in trade for my e-revo so if that happens, I'll just do a swap out so I can run and then rebuild this one as a spare....

how many gallon are "normal" before a rebuild? I try to run 2 to 3x a month for about 90 mins a sesion.... (its about all the time I have open)