Hpi Super 5sc

reyesjhs

I have 1,000 to spend today at the local hobby shop. Do you guys recommend me buying the Super 5sc? Has Hpi updated to a higher torque servo?

reyesjhs

I already have two Hpi baja 5sc SS and 5b 2.0. I was just wanting something electric for my backyard without disturbing the neighbors with gas power noise.

reyesjhs

I was debating on getting a mamba xl system with baja conversion but 700 its to high. I just want a basher truck for the backyard and cheap to replace parts for it also. I want a more economical basher =)

reyesjhs

I guess Towerhobbies change their price to 412.99 now.. It was 600.00 plus conversion kit last night I check. I guess I will be converting maybe both my Hpi baja 5sc into electric. Any suggestion on upgrades I might need?

Troyster

I already have two Hpi baja 5sc SS and 5b 2.0. I was just wanting something electric for my backyard without disturbing the neighbors with gas power noise.
I would keep the gassers as gassers. You can get a 5sc flux for $700 if you shop around. I have one which is nice when I just want to run with almost no maintenance and can run in places where I can't with my gasser. The 5sc flux doesn't handle like a losi but it jumps really well on the track and is awesome as a basher...I have had it since last June and have broken almost nothing on it.....make some mods to the battery boxes so you can fit batteries of your choice and put nylon over the esc fan to protect it from crud and you are good.