How to tell if you are buying a real HPI Baja

speed41

A real hpi won't crumble the first time you bump a curb !!!!

pmm4177

The best way to not waste hard earned money on junk, do like i did, Just buy your new Baja from Hobbytown! I love my Bajaller!!

jbl302

Clone

The best way to not waste hard earned money on junk, do like i did, Just buy your new Baja from Hobbytown! I love my Bajaller!!
I am interested in getting one. But getting the bug to get one I must say, by seeing one running. I see Tower Hobbies has an HPI 5B for $899.This is a kit with a 26cc motor. For a RTR combo with a 23cc motor. A newbie question here. Is the 23cc a better, or a different motor. I also like the idea, that when I buy HPI parts, they will fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

wderita

The orange anondized parts on a clone are not as smooth, and more grainy.... The orange anondized parts are also a darker orange. Had to learn this the hard way, as my friend bought an "HPI Baja" off Craigslist which turned out to be a clone...

cutterdoc

Have a look at the documents and certificates with manuel supplied. The orange document and signed paper of authenticity are vital. If these cannot be produced beware!!!

zueslilbuddy

Looks like the real deal, Front and rear rims are HPI, Box is HPI, engine has the rite stickers on it, HPI gas cap, Gun metal chassis, not a hop up on it visable other than the Hostile tires and the Outerwares.
Looks to be legit.

Jenky

Looks like the real deal, Front and rear rims are HPI, Box is HPI, engine has the rite stickers on it, HPI gas cap, Gun metal chassis, not a hop up on it visable other than the Hostile tires and the Outerwares.
Looks to be legit.
Thanks, just need to talk to the seller. See if he is willing to take an offer.
What do you think about the price? To much or good buy?
I have offered £400 and waiting for his reply.

Mr sausie

:blushing: I touched my mates clone and it gave me a weird rash, now i get a burning sensation when I pee.

JBDOWNRIVER

I just bought a 5b the other day and got lucking enough to be talking to a guy out her via texting. and it was a real one. Now I'm getting ready to buy his 5b this week. And know it's real also. We got to talking because he originally wanted the 5t I picked up.. So with me still looking and learning yes it is real hard I had a trade offer for a couple of my other rc cars but after sending pics via text I was told it was a clone I almost went and gave up 1200.00 worth of rc cars for a clone.. Thank you so much for the help..

LuvMyTJ

Hello forum! I am not new to the RC world but I am new to the HPI Baja. After doing some research I ended up here. I want to be sure this car is not a clone. He tells me it has a new CY motor and some after market parts. The rims & front A arms are orange. Is that the sign of a clone? The seller swears it is all HPI or quality after market. What do you guys think? Real or clone?

dgoed82

No, orange a arms and beadlock rings doesn't mean it's a clone. They appear to be RPM dyed orange. Like mine.
[/IMG]

Is this the only pic you have?