homemade Rear bumper

PSH72

Last edited:

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Yes that was the one , its nearly the same :D, not bad for hand tools that I only have in my littel attic:blush:

That's all Modified RC has.. He works his butt off in his basement making his parts.. But you did great for a 1st time that's for sure.

Carp Boyz

that looks great man,nice job

I also fab all my mods by hand

it's a great sense of accomplishment when they turn out well eh

little tipper,do your cut outs before any bends if your able,easier to finish them up before hand

now let's see that skid plate

PSH72

that looks great man,nice job

I also fab all my mods by hand

it's a great sense of accomplishment when they turn out well eh

little tipper,do your cut outs before any bends if your able,easier to finish them up before hand

now let's see that skid plate

Well I bent it first then I made the cuts, I think that if I had made the cuts first it would be easier.

I just have to get some 4mm alloy for the skid plate, is 4mm good for a skid front plate our should I make it with 5mm?

Last edited:

Carp Boyz

Well I bent it first then I made the cuts, I think that if I had made the cuts first it would be easier.

I just have to get some 4mm alloy for the skid plate, is 4mm good for a skid front plate our should I make it with 5mm?
4mm should be good,but then again I 'm an overkill kinda dude

Carp Boyz

Hi Carp boyz

What do you mean by saying "overkill kinda", sorry but Im Portuguese and dont now no meaning of that :no:
Overkill means over doing something

For example,when something is good enough you do a little more even if it's not really required

PSH72

Overkill means over doing something

For example,when something is good enough you do a little more even if it's not really required

:D ohhh thanks Carp boyz have learned one more thing :blush:, well in that case Im a overkill since Im planing to make more, next will be the front skid, and if I hever guet that someone will share the sand cage project to me, I will be doing one two, just need the project in paper (PDF) and I will make it :rockon:

OCBaja

Your bumber looks real nice!

I used to make bumpers for my Bajas similar to the modified rc but a little shorter. I used 3/16 6061 aluminum. I found the 1/8 would bend on any type of impact - especially with the cut outs. I made a jig to bend the 3/16 - it was not easy.