Hitec 5745 (adapter?) Steering

johnnyv

Newbie here trying to install a steering servo. Is there an adapter to fit this servo so it fits the servo brace. The Hitec servo is smaller then the stock servo. I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I'm building the SS. Any help is appreciated.

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Where are you installing this servo? Is it going to be your throttle/brake or steering servo? If its the throttle/brake it should fit as its "stock size" but if you are trying to fit it for steering that has to be a 1/4 or 1/5 scale servo which are larger...

Chris

GeneralG

the 5745 is a 1/5 1/4 scale servo.

You will have to use the little plastic adapter for the servo horns to fit this servo in place of the stock steering servo.

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
the 5745 is a 1/5 1/4 scale servo.

You will have to use the little plastic adapter for the servo horns to fit this servo in place of the stock steering servo.

Thanks for verifying that for him & "me" I didnt go and look up the servo "should have" just figured that it was the standard size..
It should work after he gets it in there I would think then if its 1/4 scale..

Chris

johnnyv

Thanks roofintrash, thats what I was looking for. Also thanks for the body and wing mounts.

bigggbbruce

I used Futaba S9152 in two of my cars... I had to fabricate a bracket to get it mounted , spacer for one end..(made it out of a trashed 1/8 scale chassis).... servo arm is the same as the HPI.... All metal gears as well..

Love 'em...
BB

johnnyv

I picked up the HS-5745MG and HS-5955TG from RCBoyz, they have a good price on the 5955. My purchase was based on this great forum.

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
I picked up the HS-5745MG and HS-5955TG from RCBoyz, they have a good price on the 5955. My purchase was based on this great forum.
Is the Titanium Digital servo really needed for the throttle/brake? Thats kinda pricey for me "on a budget" so what would be the next best thing? I would rather spend more money on the steering servo and half of that or a little more on the throttle/brake.. Any suggestions guys??

Chris

thetrent005

I bought the HS-5955TB - it is just a hair to small to line up correctly for the Throttle servo ... and i do not see part #85461 that fatboy makes refrence to - i have part 85414 but there is nothing there that looks like an adapter to make this servo fit -

anyone know?

Thanks

CRAZYACE63

it works on the steering servo only. the throttle servo just has to be squeezed on their. not much of another way to do it. I put one side on and them used the screw to pinch it on their.

Jesse

Timmahh

That adapter is for the slightly smaller 1/4 scale servos made by Hitec like the 5745, or the Multiplex Rhino. it is not for the standard size throatle servo.