HBF is back online!

Thread starter #1

WoodiE

Administrator
Hey guys, on behalf of @HBF Owner I just wanted to let you know HBF is now back online.

Long story short (though I can share if you really want to hear) we had to restore the forum from a more than 4 year old backup. So yes if you created an account on HBF in the last 4 years then it's most likely gone and you'll need to re-register. If you a long time member then your account should still work the same using the password you used from that time frame.

If you forgot your password you can request a password reset.

So other than restoring from an old backup there are plenty of other changes around the forum. We've upgrade from a vBulletin forum software that was nearly 10 years old to the latest and greatest version of Xenforo. This new platform is much more mobile friendly out of the box and also includes a "Light" and "Dark" forum theme so you can choose which one works better for you.

The site is far more secure now. The old forum used HTTP which meant anytime you logged into the forum your username and password was being sent in clear text allowing anyone who wanted to see your password, could very easily do so. HBF now used HTTPS so everything is encrypted. HBF also uses a number of other technologies such as Cloudflare for more security as well as providing services that will greatly speed up the site anywhere in the world. There are a whole slew of other security features enabled on HBF that should not only keep the forum better protected but also more performant.

As I've said, HBF has moved to a new forum platform (Xenforo) so while everything should work mostly the same way that you're probably used to, there are going to be a few differences. I'll try to create some new threads highlighting different features and how to use them soon.

Right now the site has only been back online for less than 24 hours and there is still more work to do both in front and behind the scenes so please bear with us while we try to get things back to as normal as we possibly can.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments please let us know!

-Michael

Thread starter #6

WoodiE

Administrator
This is such a valuable resource of information!
Yes it is indeed, HBF has a lot of history.

Losi 5ive fourm coming back up anytime soon?
By just random chance/luck I had a backup of HBF. I do not however have one of Losi5iveForum. So it's fate rests on if @HBF Owner or their other web admin guy just so happens to have a backup of it.

As a shameless self plug, in the mean time I would recommend checking out www.LargeScaleForums.com for your Losi 5ive topics. ;)

Very glad to see this forum still up and running! It's been a while, the racing scene died around my parts, didn't want to travel so much so I found a different hobby for a while.
If there's enough people in my area to have fun with I'd buy another 5th scale car and tear it up!

Anyways, it's been a REAL long time since I said HI! So,,,,,,,,HI everyone! I'm Baaaack!

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
News travels quick lol I am really glad to see so many people logging back in, as I have said in a few posts and comments on FB I have a "to do list" on paper now I just need to get in touch with HBFOwner to make sure we are all on the same page. In time I hope to see HBF back to damn near close to what it once was if not better :D