GSRG's HPI Baja 5b SS Build

Thread starter #1
Hi, I'm new here and about to take the plunge into 1/5th scale R/C's, coming from 1/10 scaling and 1/8th bashing this will be interesting! looking forward to receiving the package this weekend! and I am pretty nervous to start this build, hoping I can get it done over the weekend by following the Fast Eddy tutorial!

Monitor moved, work light, digital manual and tools on the KB tray, found a nice parts tray. I'm so ready for this! :D

Here is what I documented on my build in one post, this build was great and so much fun! Please excuse the lighting!

First night:

I woke up a bit earlier before work and got the front and rear chassis mounted together and attached engine and left brace, working on the right side tonight and probably finishing my build. More pics to follow!

Second night:

I'm pretty much done! I'd like to thank Team Fast Eddie for the AWESOME tutorial. This made my Baja SOOOOO much easier and even MORE enjoyable to build. Thanks man, keep doing what your doing!

Next day:

Paint!

First pics after 2 tanks of fuel and a bit of cleaning!

Some HPI Baja SS pictures to stare at! Action shots to follow!

Action shots! sorry about the angle! I wasn't in control of the camera!

Last edited:

Paron332

PFFFTTTTT just an old 3 monitor system ...No Oculus Rift running on Duel Titans with liquid cooling with a PS4 and Xbone and a Steambox in the back ground ? :p nice set up.

Thread starter #11
HPI BAJA 5 SS to 5T KRAKEN THE CLASS 1 KIT

Ordered some goodies for the Baja last week.

Put them on last night and very happy already with how it looks :gunsmilie:

More detailed pics soon!