Great new buggy

Thread starter #1
Well, I would say I got a awesome deal on my newest 1/5

It's a HPI baja 5b v2.0 with some nice upgrades.
- kraken ultimate v2 Ti hinge pins
- dark soul(I think, he couldn't remember) extended hubs
- rpm arms all the way around
- aluminum ball ends up front
- hitec metal gear servos steering and t/b
- upgraded throttle linkage (he couldn't remember the brand)
- turtle racing brake plate
- phat dad 2 degree caster plate
- tuned pipe (couldn't remember brand) seems to be high quality
- angled intake (couldn't remember brand)
- anti sway bars front and rear.
- Nice looking adhesive backed carbon fiber plates down the side of the chassis.

This thing is like new. I couldn't even find a hair line scratch on the bottom and it runs great he said it isn't far past brake in and I believe him based on the condition. I checked all the clone signs that I could think of, it all checked out.

I gave $500 :clap: I'm much happier with the real deal. Ive had fun with my rovan, but its not this.:gunsmilie:

these are the pics from the craigslist add and when I picked it up.

Last edited:
Thread starter #3
Great, very responsive throttle. brakes are good. steering is quick. runs strong all the way to top speed. he said he uses castor 927/VP fuels 101 at 1:25 on this and his primary baja.
Used hpi oil and 93 shell at 1:25 for break in.

I use lucas racing / shell 93 myself.

Dave SWE

Congratulations!
Seems like you made a sweet deal!
The pipe is from the HPI SS.

The first RTR and 2,0 came with plastic differential and possibly also a ballbearing short on the layshaft.
Check that out and you got yourself a good baja.
Regarding the upgrades on your baja, this could have been taken care of already.
:)

Thread starter #9
Thanks, I'll be sure to check those bearings. And I was planning on the kill switch. All if has at the moment is the failsafe that's built into the rx.

You got a good deal! I had posted that ad on another forum for my buddies to see in case any of them was interested. If it was'nt for me spending my play budget money on Christmas, I would have maybe made an offer on that Baja. Way to go. You scored a deal!! :clap:

Thread starter #16
You got a good deal! I had posted that ad on another forum for my buddies to see in case any of them was interested. If it was'nt for me spending my play budget money on Christmas, I would have maybe made an offer on that Baja. Way to go. You scored a deal!! :clap:
yea, I was pretty nervous. I drove from Gadsden, Al to pick it up. You never know what is really on the other end of a craigslist add. lol.

I could just see it.

"Oh, I just re-posted an old add. I've put like 4000 tanks on it since then. Sorry, I forgot to tell you"