Grand theft auto V

zignzag

Has anyone got and played GTA V yet. Looks awesome so I got one but now I need a new tv, it finally broke down which sucks but was an older big box type tv so going to get a flat screen hd next. Do I need to get digital or hd cable from a cable company or can I play in hd if I hook up my ps3 to a cable company or do I just need a different cable like a hd cable to get hd if the tv and ps3 has ports for hd. Was watching a few walk throughs on YouTube and looks awesome so can't wait to play it once I get a good flat screen tv

brendjord

Has anyone got and played GTA V yet. Looks awesome so I got one but now I need a new tv, it finally broke down which sucks but was an older big box type tv so going to get a flat screen hd next. Do I need to get digital or hd cable from a cable company or can I play in hd if I hook up my ps3 to a cable company or do I just need a different cable like a hd cable to get hd if the tv and ps3 has ports for hd. Was watching a few walk throughs on YouTube and looks awesome so can't wait to play it once I get a good flat screen tv
GTA V is AWESOME!!!

you will need an HDMI cable between your PS3 and your TV(all new tves got HDMI utput). if you dont have the cable you can buy it in most electro shops:)

Courage68

Do I need to get digital or hd cable from a cable company or can I play in hd if I hook up my ps3 to a cable company or do I just need a different cable like a hd cable to get hd if the tv and ps3 has ports for hd.
Lots of confusion here. So ill try my best to help clear it up

Your PS3 has nothing do to with your cable company. (Besides for internet use) If you wish to play your PS3 in High Definition (1080 i/p) you will require a HDMI cable.

If you have a non Digital/HD cable box, you will have to contact your cable provider and request a HD Box so you can receive your channels in HD. And also you will need an additional HDMI wire for this box.

Its a very simple connection and your playstation should adjust the settings accordingly when you connect that wire from your ps3 to your tv.

zignzag

Thanks, I don't have high def cable from my cable company so I just need the cable to connect from my ps3 to tv, is that correct. I thought I heard from someone a while ago that I don't need a high def cable box from a cable company as long as both the ps3 and tv that I will purchase has a hdmi or what ever hook up it is on the tv and ps3. Just want hd for the games and not on all other channels

Courage68

Thanks, I don't have high def cable from my cable company so I just need the cable to connect from my ps3 to tv, is that correct. I thought I heard from someone a while ago that I don't need a high def cable box from a cable company as long as both the ps3 and tv that I will purchase has a hdmi or what ever hook up it is on the tv and ps3. Just want hd for the games and not on all other channels
Thats correct.

But trust me, once you go HD. you be wondering why u didnt get it sooner lol.

But thats up to you. Enjoy ! :gunsmilie:

Fiddy

most newer tvs have 2-4 hdmi ports
if you want hd on ps3 you will want to get a hdmi for your ps3 to tv
then if you want hd channels for watching tv your going to want another hdmi for your cable box to your tv (considering you have a hd cable box)
the ps3 and cable box should have nothing to do with each other unless your going through a receiver

gta5 is awesome and well worth the money!

zignzag

That's cool!, thanks guys. A fellow co worker told me that GTA V was the best one yet with all that you can do now compared to other GTA games. This game seems similar to the GTA San Andreas but much better.

silverss

ive got the game too , still havnt played any missions , i just keep goofing around in free roam .

francisco

they sold $1000 M worth of games in the first 72 hrs after they launch the game world wide...$800 M in the first 24 hrs, biggest sell record of all time, previously held by COD Black Ops 2 ($1000 M in 15 days)

zignzag

they sold $1000 M worth of games in the first 72 hrs after they launch the game world wide...$800 M in the first 24 hrs, biggest sell record of all time, previously held by COD Black Ops 2 ($1000 M in 15 days)
Ya, that's amazing. Very smart people who made this game. Not sure what each persons cut is but they've gotta be rich!!!

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Picked this up the other day just haven't gotten around to playing it yet, hell I haven't even opened it.. :*(
Looks badass though

BobTheGuy

my buddy pre-ordered it and he got it on the day it released. he brought his big screen and ps3 over for a night and we played till dawn. most badass game EVER! i don't have a TV or a game system, but i would buy both just for playing GTA5 :lol: i ruled Vice City back when it came out, was my fav of all the cities, but V is amazing, can't wait to play online!:gunsmilie:

zignzag

Its cool!, I've watched some of the walk throughs on youtube and its just insane!. There's a hilarious part in one scene involving a dog searching for someone, it gets distracted and don't think I need to say more but the dog gets called off and continues its search, man I didn't expect to see that, lol!. Anyway can't wait to get a new hd flat screen to play this game its just crazy. Love the dude in the country side he's got one hell of a bad ass attitude. Its great the way the transitions go between each mission. There's so much you can do in it.

coopercobra03

I'm about 28% completed missions wise, I like to take my times and rob stores and armor cars lol...

I just bought a air field with Trevor(crazy looking white guy) and running missions from the air field!

I love sky diving and scuba diving also, and I think the game goes online tomorrow!