Got my first Baja

francisco

Hello everyone, i'm new to this hobby, but i've been following this forum for quite some time. Just stopping by to say hi and introduce my self. got the kit a week ago and all i can say it is just perfect.

Fiddy

Welcome

what 1 did you end up getting?
like bob said start saving for when the upgrades come! and they will! :p

francisco

Welcome to the forum.....
Thanks!

I started with same kit
love it to, learn so much about it while building.

try using photobucket for pictures
yeah, thats basically why i got the kit and not the RTR version. it would've been more complicated in the long run to fix it or know the mechanism it self, plus this is my first rc that i have.

Dolphinwelder

Welcome! Baja 5bss was the first RC I ever built as a kit. It was so fun! I was working swing shift back then and I would get home about midnight, work on the baja till like 6 or 7 slept for a couple hours and then go to work lol you're gonna love this rig and this forum!

francisco

Welcome! Baja 5bss was the first RC I ever built as a kit. It was so fun! I was working swing shift back then and I would get home about midnight, work on the baja till like 6 or 7 slept for a couple hours and then go to work lol you're gonna love this rig and this forum!

i've been doing the same. Last night stood up until 3 am finishing the diff and transmission. got caught last week trying to put a both bearings that goes inside the shaft, they didn't fit quite well so i improvised and sanded down a bit of the diff case and finally yesterday was able to finish the rest.

Dirby

you will need
a good radio.
kill switch
rec battery.
t/b servo
on/off switch to complete your build
theese do not come in the 5b ss kit.
check out the tutorial video that fast eddy made on building the 5bss kit.
very helpfull.

francisco

you will need
a good radio.
kill switch
rec battery.
t/b servo
on/off switch to complete your build
theese do not come in the 5b ss kit.
check out the tutorial video that fast eddy made on building the 5bss kit.
very helpfull.
Thanks for the input dirby. got with the kit this too (i'll show some pic when i find out how to upload them):

savox 0236 steering
hitec 5565 for t/b
super bee kill switch
killer 6000mah lipo
killer 2300 mah lipo
futaba 4pl
ddm v2 pipe
and some outerwears for the filer.

ajb1205

Another thing to add to your list is a set of limiting cables (Killer RC). It will end up saving your shocks in the long run. You will love driving your 5B...along with upgrading it along the way...although your bank account might not lol.

zignzag

Wow!, all the way from Chile, that's cool! You'll love the 5bss. I have one and really enjoyed putting it together. Only pita is the clamp that goes over the exhaust manifold and pipe on the option pipe if you decide to use it. It takes some patience to install the little clip through the clamps tiny holes. Oh!, ya!, almost forgot. Welcome to the forum. Its a great place to chat all about bajas.

Last edited:

francisco

Another thing to add to your list is a set of limiting cables (Killer RC). It will end up saving your shocks in the long run. You will love driving your 5B...along with upgrading it along the way...although your bank account might not lol.
I think that will be included in my next order, plus a new hd billet clutch and some parts to go play in the sand :)

Wow!, all the way from Chile, that's cool! You'll love the 5bss. I have one and really enjoyed putting it together. Only pita is the clamp that goes over the exhaust manifold and pipe on the option pipe if you decide to use it. It takes some patience to install the little clip through the clamps tiny holes. Oh!, ya!, almost forgot. Welcome to the forum. Its a great place to chat all about bajas.
It has been really fun building the baja. As i stated before this is my first approach to the R/C world and all i can say is i don't regret it. the down side is i have encountered some issues with the diff and the spur gear but that goes into another thread but beside that, she is getting ready. About the pipe i ended up getting the DDM V2, for what i have read is the best for the stock 26 cc. Thanks for the good vibe!.