Gizmo rebuild

nitrotweaker

I bought a baja from a guy in my area. It is a very nice baja. It has a gizmo 30.5 full mod in it. I took it apart and it had a hole blown right through the piston. I took the motor completely apart and cleaned it out. Bearings felt good and no damage done to the cylinder. Ordered a piston and upper bearing and all the gaskets. I got the piston and its not a full mod piston. But i put it in regardless. I wanted to run it before the snow comes. Ran it around the shop some breaking it in. Seemed pretty snappy. Done with break in now. Put the paddles on it today and took it down to the beach and it ran great for 5 minutes. then it seemed to start loosing power and not enough smoke commiing out when you pin it. So I brought in in to check it. Idle was surging, started to adjust the lsn and it wouldnt make a difference untill it just stalled. To much fuel, adjust it back and still surges. It seems like it has a air leak but I am not sure were. Only does this when its hot. Cooled off it runs great. Can I send you guys the complete motor ? I would like it correct. Or is it going to be cheaper to buy a new one?

hatch232

Hi had the same problem I bought a new RCmk bottom end didn't fix it, so I put the top end on a zenoah bottom end and fixed the problem and for some strange reason goes harder than what it did with the RCmk bottom end, so if you have a zenoah bottom end slap it on you will be surprised.

nitrotweaker

Found the air leak. It was the carb spacer. It was warped due to someone using the wrong length screws for the carb. Going to buy a new spacer. Do the lengthened one's work any better?

hatch232

First I was told to take the stuffing out of the crank did that went like crap so pulled the head off and put it on the zenoah bottom end now it rips goes even better than my 30.5 obr reed very happy

jbooker82

Found the air leak. It was the carb spacer. It was warped due to someone using the wrong length screws for the carb. Going to buy a new spacer. Do the lengthened one's work any better?
Most people prefer the CY spacer over the Zenoah one. Also the longer billet spacer will require you to adjust your carb linkage, and have the filter moved that much more forward. It also makes the recess in the fuel tank for the filter shorter since you move the carb forward.

nitrotweaker

I flat blocked the spacer to get the high spots were gone. New gaskets. Runs fine untill it heats up then no idle and major bogging. Kinda At a loss now. The motor was made this year and I can see the crank seals already going bad.