General shipping cost of a baja

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Shipping varies depending on what box ya use, weight etc but for the most part you are looking at $50-$90 is about the general going rate right now for 1/5 size rc's.. :eek:

UPS can be a little cheaper than USPS though..

Inertia Racing Products

Ryan,

if you go to FedEx.com and setup an account, its free by the way, you just need to put a credit or debit card on file, you will save some money right off the bat.

The nice thing about FedEx is the more items you ship, the deeper the discount on shipping becomes, over time.
Not to mention the fact that they are are a helluva alot faster, usually 3 days in most cases.
Another plus is the insurance costs are damn near 1/2 of what UPS and USPS charge.
They also do Not charge you a rediculous surcharge prcie for pick up like the asshats at UPS.
One more nice thing is they do Not charge you extra for signature confirmation like USPS.

here is an example, i shipped a 5b from Texas to Vermont, in the original box, with a truck load of extra parts, and it was $ 39.65 including $ 1200.00 insurance. It shipped 3 Day Ground.
Now Home Delivery is just a tick more, so if you can send it to a business it will save you a little cash.

Hope this helps man.

Last edited:

My$$pit5B

Measure your box length and circumference and it has to be less than 108 inches. That is the cutoff for super oversized expensive as hell shipping! I sold my baja a few months ago and less than 108 was $40 if it was over that it would have been $118! Ups wanted $$157 to pack it and ship it. If you do USPS you have to pack it yourself.

Tbredon

USPS was cheaper for me when shipping to Alaska. UPS wanted $375, Fedex wanted $250, and USPS wanted $119. That was with $2000 insured and signature required.

That was for ground shipping and it took a month to arrive at its destination.

Last edited:

VertigoPerformance

Be careful with Fed Ex Ryan if you are setting up and account.
The way FedEx bills Canadians is a bit deceptive, by the time you pay all the fees the shipping is a few more dollars than quoted.

Just across the line there is probably a freight forwarding company that use all the couriers and USPS. They will be able to offer you the best rate of the bunch.