G290rc install problems!!!

jdearduff

Just got a new Zenoah gp290rc. I am trying to install it and it just will not go in. I can get in set in the baja. I put in the three bolts from the bottom. And I am leaving them loose. Now the problem is that the engine is to close to the transmission plate were the brake assemble is. And the top engine mount on the other side does not line up either. What am I doing wrong? I have never heard of there being a problem installing one of these motors.

SWD

Media
You need to use a CY clutch housing or a shorter spacer at the bottom of the Zenoah clutch housing where it attaches to the chassis. The CY and Zen clutch housings have different length lower standoffs.

Last edited:

jdearduff

I am just using a stuck HPI can with it. I don't like a lot of noise. I think these work really good. I do like your silenced V2 black but you were out of stock when I ordered the engine. Sucks because I would have gotten the engine muffler deal>

ddmdave

We'll have more of those pipes completed in another week or two. When they come in, contact us, and I'll let you pick up that pipe for the remainder of the price you'd have paid, had you ordered the combo deal :)

jdearduff

We'll have more of those pipes completed in another week or two. When they come in, contact us, and I'll let you pick up that pipe for the remainder of the price you'd have paid, had you ordered the combo deal :)
You guys are the best! I will do that. Thank you very much!!!
This is why I continue to buy from DDM.

HPIBajabasher

You need to use a CY clutch housing or a shorter spacer at the bottom of the Zenoah clutch housing where it attaches to the chassis. The CY and Zen clutch housings have different length lower standoffs.
Just a quick question about this. I'm going to get the TR billet clutch housing from DDM in the future(gt238x). Is this for a CY or Zenoah engine, installed in a 5b?

HPIBajabasher

Yea, I noticed it had the 'spacer' machined in to make it one piece. One thing I liked about it. Plus it would be matched up with my TR HD v2 clutch system ?! Thanks for the info guys!

jbooker82

Id get the one with the built in Oil seal. That way you can run a 3rd bearing and a crank seal instead of one or the other.