funny story today

ATC Racing

rebuit whole baja in the last week , added new parts like limiting cables , shread stack , #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#* extenders , phatdad bones , dark soul shafts and few other things , any way i have a oneil ts reed engine with vrc pro pipe , so i start it up on 3 rd pull and it wont go over idle u give it full throttle and nothing so i messed with settings and still nothing , so after about an hour of messing with it , i swap shread stack thinking it might be casueing something , started to move a little but about 1 mph . so now im pissed off yelling and screaming tring to get this thing running right , so i change the plug and the carb and still nothing , idles perfect but wont go faster then 1-2 mph . so another hr goes by and i finally remeber that i shoved a pc of paper towel in the reed intake so nothing gets in there and that was the problem , i can believe it ran like that , what a dumb ass i am right ? funny though so took it out and she fired up 1 pull and took off .

just wanted to share that thought it was funny

bigkel

Those reed valves are good for stopping things going thru the engine, would of been paper right thru the engine without it. I had the screw come out of the butterfly once and the reed stopped it going thru the engine.

turboglenn

haha.. it's those little mistakes that you can lok back and laught at...luckily for you the reds caught said paper and probably saved you some time tearing down the engine.

And i have to ask as well...what's up with the words being blocked out... I mean integy has a bad rap here but it still shows up when i type it...was it a bunch of curse words?

nothinbetr2do

the blocked out words are of a manufacture who's had a falling out with rob. i think that's what happened anyway. there's probably more to it, but i'm not sure

as already said, good thing for the reeds. sometimes it's the little things that catch us off guard

Tuskony

lol that's funny! I hate when that kinda stuff happens because I always feel so stupid after. But at the same time I'm always glad it was a simple easy fix!

Last edited:

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
NICE I dont think you need that Baja anymore bring it to my house I will run it right and not stuff paper towels into the carb and intake!! :lol:

PM I'll explain why the word is jumbled..