FLM90006 New version extended arm kit.

SteveB

Media
We have recently placed these on order with FLM. They look pretty good with the ball drive CVD and anodized! As soon as they are done FLM will ship them out to us. I will try to keep you updated when we get them in stock! :sailor:

fwzflqwer

We have recently placed these on order with FLM. They look pretty good with the ball drive CVD and anodized! As soon as they are done FLM will ship them out to us. I will try to keep you updated when we get them in stock! :sailor:
Good to hear they are on their way to DDM.

THX

Last edited:

Burky_fj

We have a set of these at our local track running on a sprint car...pretty damn nice looking!

emirmansouri

Yeah I have used the FLM extended kit since they first came out and to be honest with you, it was a good buy. Only issue I had was with the CVD kit which was released after them did not fit correctly but that was due to the rear alloy bearing holders design.
Their stuff is very durable and I am glad I tried them. Never looked back since, but now this new kit is coming with lower weight, im thinking of getting them.

emirmansouri

From FLM's Site just to make things easier:

E.F.R. CVDs:

Machined from a high strength alloy steel
Ball drive at the diff end
CVD at the wheel end
Ultra smooth and precision fit

Ext Arms:

Advanced polymer
Lightweight
Wear resistant
CNC machined for the highest strength
Adjustable shock tower: Machined from 6061 aluminum for rigidity

Carp Boyz

WOW

Finally they are here. I was watching new products page everyday to get my hands on them first. But they didn't show up in new products page:gun_bandana:
Quite a few items don't show up on the new item page

Just came across 3/4 new items from micro hobby

Guess it's time I go threw all the venders one by one and check for myself

OCBaja

They say they are half they weight of their aluminum arms. The best way to avoid sagging is to make sure you store your car with no weight on the suspension. I set my cars on 6x6 blocks of wood. The lower arms reversible so you can rotate them in case they do start to sag.

SteveB

Media
What is the weight saving compared to alu?
Since I am so close to them I thought I would go and have a look for you. Weighing the two packages of the tt200 and tt222 (V2 shock tower version) the orignal aluminum arm item tt200 came in about 2.61 pounds. The tt222 here: http://www.davesmotors.com/tt222EFR which does in fact include a shock tower that is not in the picture came in about 2.06 pounds. That is a savings of over a half of a pound which is pretty significant. That is equally impressive to think that the new EFR arms have the dog bones diff cups AND drive axles compared to just the original aluminum armed extended dogbones only. Take the driveshafts out of the mix and these arms are probably 3/4 of a pound lighter.