esp ts reeded 27.2 review

ATC Racing

started on 2nd pull and i did some figure 8s . ran 10 min under 1/2 throttle . then shut off . started right back up idled perfect . the reliability is great .

now on to the power , im running a 18 tooth with 56 hostile spur.

v2 rear dom pipe

started 1 3/4 H and 1 1/4 L

castor 997 25:1

amazing amounts of power on the low end . the best part is as soon as you tap the trigger she takes off with out blinking .

leaned the high a few hours and she ran like a bat out of hell.

im hoping turtle makes a 20 tooth because this engine will handle it no problem .

after 1 tank down i give it 5 stars all around . it dosent have the topend like my oneil fullmod but im thinking the pipe has alot to do with that .

im really happy with the snap of the throttle , i will be running these ts reed from here out . waiting for manny @ cst to get my ts 4 bolt head for me !!!!

i want to thank doug for the great ob he has done on these , im sure it will build more power after a few more tanks ,

thanks guys

Shortfuse206

this dose not surprise me i have a TS/ESP 27.2 love it best motor i have ever owned by far you will never go back to a piston port. but as for not having the top end i got my TS/ESP 27.2 with stock gearing V1 dom to 50 mph

02cummins

man I can't wait to get mine how long did it take after you ordered it? Doug has the ts on order I called him today on status.

Eggbert

Yes.....excellent question Melect.....I want to know too......

"inquiring minds want to know".....LOL

Shortfuse206

every one goes for the 27.2 for 2 reasons it is a good mix of top end and torque plus it is a ZEN head not a shitty CY head.

as for getting enough traction to do wheelies off the line the answer is yes as long as the road or parking lot is not dusty i was able to do wheelies all day long with stock Hpi tarmacs thay only lasted one gallon then they were destroyed

hear is a video if my TS/ESP 27.2 pulling wheelies the reason i was starting at that end was because it was not dusty, not because there was a bump that was giving me the wheelie, the rest of the parking lot was to dusty to get the traction for the wheelies.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dLjSl0KeSM[/ame]

Last edited:

prosniper

so are you saying that the 30.5 is no good then ( with out slaging anyone off )

i just dont want to put my money down the bin if the 27 4 bolt is better !!!

i want a 30.5 but i dont understand why you would want a smaller engine ???

if the gearing is right the 30.5 reed engine i want should kill a 27.2

or have a got this power thing all wrong....?

Last edited:

02cummins

the 30.5 will definatly out torq the 27.2 but will not out rev it. depending on gearing and how far you drag race it will be hard to beat, but hill climbing 30.5 everytime imo

Shortfuse206

as 02cummins stated the 30.5 will have more torque but not rev as high. i have the 27.2 and love it, it will do 50mph with stock gearing and pull wheelies with to problem it is a good mix of both high rpm and torque. also if you get a 4 bolt you will never have a head gasket blowing out and causing a leak again more reliable. also the ZEN plating is better then CY. but if you want a balls to the wall motor with tones of torque get a TS/ESP 30.5 the case reed motors make more power then a piston port reed.

ferro

Get the 30.5 you will love the power. with a 30.5 you can run any gearing and still have good low end torque.

todd217

so are you saying that the 30.5 is no good then ( with out slaging anyone off )

i just dont want to put my money down the bin if the 27 4 bolt is better !!!

i want a 30.5 but i dont understand why you would want a smaller engine ???

if the gearing is right the 30.5 reed engine i want should kill a 27.2

or have a got this power thing all wrong....?
you wont be upset if u buy one of Dougs ts 27.2s. there has been a few issues with plating on the 36mm cylinder in the past. just imagine how upset u would be if u sent $600 on a motor then some plating comes of. u cant tell really when its going to happen. with the zen i have never heard of any issues. i only had the 2 bolt zen from Doug and i was plenty happy.
________
Roll A Joint

Last edited:

Dubsak

man I can't wait to get mine how long did it take after you ordered it? Doug has the ts on order I called him today on status.
I'm curious as well. I ordered mine a week into May and still waiting. I'm sure it will be worth the wait though.

Shortfuse206

i believe Doug has a 2 to 3 week turn around time for his motors i got mine in about 2 1/2 weeks it was worth the wait but he had all the parts he needed for the motor he did not have to order anything

Dubsak

i believe Doug has a 2 to 3 week turn around time for his motors i got mine in about 2 1/2 weeks it was worth the wait but he had all the parts he needed for the motor he did not have to order anything
Yeah when I ordered mine he was out of cases and had to order them. I'm not really worried about it, I'm just an impatient person and my throttle finger is getting twitchy!