Dscjester's No Joke Twin Build!

dscjester

Hey all! Thought I would post a thread on my OBR Twin Build. Seeing that they are the new rave! :lol: this build started out as a ground up T build from spare parts to be a general basher. And then the Twin craze hit and I knew I had to have 1. I had to start with upgrading the drivetrain and started with the trans! So I picked up the TR trans case "quick diff" and the TR aluminum case saver with HPI HD gears and phatdad 5mm cups and bones. Also the hemi max hex and RCR brakes to stop this bad boy!

And for the mounting. Of course I wanted the modified rc T rear plate. Which I had to do some modifying to make it fit! But works great!

And boy is this thing HEAVY!!

I am probably about 80% done... :glare:

But here is what is in there besides said products!

I can't wait to fire it up and post some vid!

pitdawg

DAM!!!! My Dawg.. Turning into a pitbull with 2 heads! That things gonna be a BEAST! already looks good.. WHy the black case? SHould of went raw (PItdawg Likey Raw) But man that things looking killer!! Cant wait to see it done!

baja5er

Good stuff there Jester! Good luck with your beast build! :D
Can't wait to see it in action!

dscjester

nice work jester it looks very clean.
Thanks! Hope it fits under your panels! :lol:
sweet! about how much weight gain is in the twin? 2#? 5#?
I would guess about 50 pounds!!! :lol::lol: I would guess 10+?? Not sure tho. Thanks!
DAM!!!! My Dawg.. Turning into a pitbull with 2 heads! That things gonna be a BEAST! already looks good.. WHy the black case? SHould of went raw (PItdawg Likey Raw) But man that things looking killer!! Cant wait to see it done!
It's pretty much black and raw theme! But after I get her broken in,,, it will all be 1 color! MUD brown! :lol:
Good stuff there Jester! Good luck with your beast build! :D
Can't wait to see it in action!
Thanks! Me either!! :laugh:

I will try and get better pics up. I was wrenching pretty late last night and was snapping pics as I was building! And my place isn't the brightest! :lol:

dscjester

sweet build bud,she's gona be a monster when done!
out of curiosity what needed to be modified on the rear plate?
1 of the mounting holes on the pullstart side. The one toward the trans. I just had to elongate that hole. But Modified RC is going to fix this for his new run of plates. I was just impatient! :lol:

Thanks guys! I will get you all up to date!

drg007

u need overkill rear upper arm to stiffen the whole rear suspension from the torque the twin is going to throw at u. Nice build

Yamadude

sweet! about how much weight gain is in the twin? 2#? 5#?

The twin weighs 9.9lbs complete not counting the mounting system, not exactly sure what a full dressed Zen would top out at as I never weighed one lol. I mean if your installing a twin does the weight really matter? you'll surely have the power to push whatever you need to lol..

dscjester

Were the pipes designed for the motor
Yes. And they are included in the OBR Twin Kit!
u need overkill rear upper arm to stiffen the whole rear suspension from the torque the twin is going to throw at u. Nice build
I may check them out! Will they work with the Killer rc turn buckles?
Great looking build. keep the pics coming. your going to love your twins:shuriken:
Thanks Bud! And thanks for the help and pointers! Sean sent me instructions,, but the crayon smeared! :lol::lol::lol:
Looking good man!!! but you need to be running D's Brakes ;)
Thanks D! I still have my set to try out on my 30.5 OBR full mod B.
The twin weighs 9.9lbs complete not counting the mounting system, not exactly sure what a full dressed Zen would top out at as I never weighed one lol. I mean if your installing a twin does the weight really matter? you'll surely have the power to push whatever you need to lol..
I was actually going to put a snow plow on the T and see what it can handle! :lol: this thing is going to kill my Gas mileage! :laugh:

Thanks All!