Dscjester's Blue Thunder with RCMAX 70cc build!

dscjester

Well guys, this build actually started with a build of all the best hop ups and bash proof items (IMO) to build and sell as I love to build these. So while the build was in progress, I was on the forum, of course.... :blushing: And saw the RCMAX 70cc thread pop up and said, WOW! I gotta have it! So I watched the thread like most and contacted Chris Dawson. I began going back and forth with Chris about this POWER PLANT, and he asked me if I would be interested in being a state side tester and see if I could beat the Balls out of it...... So I thought a whole second about it and said yes! :cool: I did tell Chris that I would have to be 100% honest and truthful in my thoughts and he wanted nothing less! I also told him I AM and also known as a OBR Fanboy..:innocent: he said not a problem! I said, Let's Do It! So since Jan or Feb we have been going back and forth. And about 2 weeks ago my door bell rang and the FEDEX guy was at my door with a box with one Chris Dawson written on it. I got her up in the house and ripped right into it and could not believe the pure size of this thing. I barely finished my coffee and started to install this into the completed build (They are never really completed) :blushing: And began the constant emailing back and forth. Chris wanting to know my thoughts and me wanting to know why the carb only had one fuel line port.... :huh2: As most of you know, I have dealt with some ported & modded motors. But nothing of this size. Tho it is a 2 stroke, everything is just bigger & Different. So to start and get this thread going I will start with the build. Everything is just about aftermarket.
Chassis:
Scorpion solid chassis
Modified RC rear plate
TR front & rear plates
Igloo front bumper
Uber rear bumper

Suspension:
Phatdad rear lower arms
Overkill rear upper arms
Rpm front top & bottom
Stock shocks w/ Phatdad front and rear shafts, threshold umbrella seals, TFE bleeder caps, FFRC spring perches, Phatdad o-rings & DDM HD springs in the rear and ramtech springs up front
Killer RC limiting cables
Phatdad turn buckles
Kraken SS HD hinge pins
hostile hubs

Drivetrain:
TR spur gear plate & Dawson clutch system
TR one piece brake mount and RCR brakes
Kraken HD Layshaft with Maxhex
HPI HD trans gears
TR Trans case
TR aluminum Diff saver and case
Phatdad 300m 5mm kit
Hostile boots

Motor:
RCMAX 70cc

I'm sure I left stuff out, there is just to much.. :blushing: Enough typing! Let's get some pics up!
Here are some parts...

Trans

Let it be known:
This is a build and review/test thread of the RCMAX 70! No comparing of other motors or builders.

Vids will be posted ASAP. So please don't ask every other post about vids. I love vids just as much of the next guy and I will make sure there are plenty

Thanks guys! And enjoy! I know I will!
:cool:

I would like to thank Chris, Mohamed and Tony for there help.

Last edited:

dscjester

Very nice build, Im curious to see if this will start easy or not
It is different! It deffinitly gets some taken getting use to. There is a choke but no primer bulb. I had a hell of a hard time starting it. Nearly broke my arm... But after Chris called me from the UK to help. He felt it was a carb issue. And got a new carb to me in a matter of days! Starts in 3-4 pulls.
Nice build Dave! Looks like a solid rig with no expense being spared. Good luck with it
Thanks Steve. Is there ever a spared expense... :innocent:
bad ass man, i love that thing! how much? lol
It is Bad Azz! Loud as hell and one nasty pig! It was a few bucks... Please PM Chris for price when these are in production.
Sweet.. you doing big thangs jester .. twins now this badboy!
I can't run smaller cylinders anymore.... :eek: The big mills are way to much fun!

Thanks guys. Vid coming!

IETZR1S

Dave....You have out done your self...BITCHIN!!!!! I cant wait to see what you have to say about this. I will be following your build close. What wing are you using?

dscjester

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzcRFoWQvhI&hd=1[/ame]

ENJOY!

Sorry about the last part where it looks cloudy. My camera man didn't take off the protective cover on his new iphone........ :innocent:

dscjester

Dave....You have out done your self...BITCHIN!!!!! I cant wait to see what you have to say about this. I will be following your build close. What wing are you using?
Thanks Brian! That is a MCD wing from the V4 buggy.

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
DAMN Dave now I am jealous not only do you have the Twin but now this, damn I guess Monsterman needs to call OBR and get somethign new :D

maxit

In vid, it is 28/46 with a 9500 rpm clutch spring.

yes it is! If it wasn't raining out. I'd be ripping it up!

The clutch is huge!

I had to add the TR V2 pullstart handle. My poor fingers... :blushing: And added the killer RC pullstart cable.
Looking Good there, finaly some one has managed a great vid.

Cheers

dscjester

nice work jester you do some awesome builds!
Thanks bud, if you watch the vid where the T flipped and ripped your roof off, not a sigle bit of damage! it was flipping all day and the panels are still in great shape! They are worth every penny!
DAMN Dave now I am jealous not only do you have the Twin but now this, damn I guess Monsterman needs to call OBR and get somethign new :D
:cool: Thanks Chris!
Looking Good there, finaly some one has managed a great vid.

Cheers
Thanks

now thats what i'm talkin' about:cool::cool::cool:
That is what my $h!t eatten grin on my face was saying........ :cool: