Drag Racers Take a Look and Please Post Up

Inertia Racing Products

Hey Guys,

I am working with IMDRA trying to get a set of rules in place for next seasons rule book for a Baja specific class.

I talked to Floyd Vick this morning and he will get back in touch with me after talking to the powers that be at IMDRA.

At this point in the game it is looking like just a few rules so we dont eliminate a bunch of cars right out of the gate.

Here is what i would like to see for rules, and feel free to add or subtract to the small list.

Chassis:

1) stock style baja, basically out of the box, using any readily available aftermarket components.

2) any body, or no body

3) any wings allowed

4) minimum weight rule of 25 lbs, doesn't matter where the weight loss is , as long as you make the minimum.

Motor :

1) any motor allowed up 30.5cc, on pump gas

2) any pipe allowed

Tire and Wheels:

1) any tire and wheel combo allowed, front and rear.

The idea is to keep the 1st year expense to a minimum, and keep the car count as high as possible, without having to spend a ton of money to be competitive and have fun doing so, and this will be a Sanctioned Classification

Again Feel Free to post up any thoughts, this is in the infancy stages so there is nothing in stone at this point.

Thanks
Buddy @ IRP

Last edited:

Oli&Ril77's

Hey Buddy, hope all is well! I will pass by Floyd Bennett Field tomorrow and see if I can get some contact information from there for you.

The fellas have been drag racing there for many years & are very helpful. One of them should most likely be generous enough to offer some assistance.

I will get back to you with the info!
Manny

fishnstash

I saw the Floyd Vic run on Gizmo's website the site says its one of Bruce's motors. i would like to know if the pass was on a pro tree. Not to offend anyone but to me that is a slow pass. here in Fl. we drag race a lot and i have made faster passes than that by a lot and Racksteris has made several passes faster than mine, all off a pro tree timing system,(thanks to https://www.facebook.com/boris.drags?ref=ts&fref=ts) i would love to see a sanctioned body for 1/5 scale baja drag racing i have a few connections with No Limit RC, I know Dennis has the off road 1/5 scale racing at DARK raceway and here in Fl. we try to run the bajas with No LimitRC of Fl, drag racing.And the boys from Boris drags are also very big into the IMDRA for the smaller scale cars

Last edited:

fishnstash

Hey Guys,

I am working with IMDRA trying to get a set of rules in place for next seasons rule book for a Baja specific class.

I talked to Floyd Vick this morning and he will get back in touch with me after talking to the powers that be at IMDRA.

At this point in the game it is looking like just a few rules so we dont eliminate a bunch of cars right out of the gate.

Here is what i would like to see for rules, and feel free to add or subtract to the small list.

Chassis:

1) stock style baja, basically out of the box, using any readily available aftermarket components.

2) any body, or no body

3) any wings allowed

4) minimum weight rule of 25 lbs, doesn't matter where the weight loss is , as long as you make the minimum.

Motor :

1) any motor allowed up 30.5cc, on pump gas

2) any pipe allowed

Tire and Wheels:

1) any tire and wheel combo allowed, front and rear.

The idea is to keep the 1st year expense to a minimum, and keep the car count as high as possible, without having to spend a ton of money to be competitive and have fun doing so, and this will be a Sanctioned Classification

Again Feel Free to post up any thoughts, this is in the infancy stages so there is nothing in stone at this point.

Thanks
Buddy @ IRP

Maybe a separate class for Reed motors ?
Maybe a separate class for Racing fuels (top fuel class)

Inertia Racing Products

i hear ya amigo...but i have not gotten any response back from the powers that be ..

maybe they have decided to take the 1/5 rules on and write them ...
i do know the east coast guys have a been set back due to Sandy and i completely understand that.

my door is open and i'll do what ever i can to help out getting some kind of loose rules set up.