Ddm shock springs

zignzag

Hi,
Anybody using front and rear ddm shock springs. I've ordered front and rear ones because they're 20% stiffer than stock ones. What oil weight and pistons are yous using with them. My baja seems heavier with a few aluminum upgrades I've purchased from t.r. I plan on running in dirt and jump the baja so I don't want to bottom out if I can help it but still have some suspension movement over the rough stuff.

BobTheGuy

i got the ddm rear blues, and changed to the 12 hole with 15wt HPI fluid in the back. because of the rear pipe weight. rearend still bounces a little off the big jumps, maybe 20wt? still playin with it...

IETZR1S

Hi,
Anybody using front and rear ddm shock springs. I've ordered front and rear ones because they're 20% stiffer than stock ones. What oil weight and pistons are yous using with them. My baja seems heavier with a few aluminum upgrades I've purchased from t.r. I plan on running in dirt and jump the baja so I don't want to bottom out if I can help it but still have some suspension movement over the rough stuff.
I run the DDM springs on my 2 of my rides. I like them. They weigh a few more grams than the hpi blue springs. My piston and oil set up will not apply to your intended use. I can not help you there.

zignzag

Any other opinions are welcome. I've been checking out the suspension and drivetrain section of this forum which is helping me pritty good but would like to hear from a few of you out there who use the ddm springs not the color coded ones but the ones that are 20% stiffer than stock baja springs. These ones come in chome, raw or black I believe. As said I need a good set up for dirt, jumps not huge air but your average race track jump, and handle some rough terain stuff. Anyway I figure bumping up the rear oil weight to maybe 15-20 with 12 hole piston or 40 weight and 2 or 3 hole piston. I just don't want to damage a shock and cause a leak or bend a shaft using the wrong set up

BMOC

i got a set. running stock oil weight. (5r/40f). stockish preload. and stock pistons. i can feel that they're stiffer, it corners a tad better ( i don't use sway bars) and landings aren't as harsh on jumps. i just bash, but if I tracked their performance on the track with a before and after i would probably see the difference more clear. I got them a couple weeks back when they were DOTD.