DDM made my weekend!

65BAJA

Got my kill switch, Outerwares, and chassis brace. Thanks DDM!

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveB

Media
That looks like a nice haul and should give you some quality wrench time this weekend! I have a little bit of that planned myself... :w00t:

65BAJA

We'll I know the kill switch works. About 3 minutes into my first run today the car died. Checked it out and it was beeping and the LED was blinking. LoL. Guess I should have charged it at home.

65BAJA

Venom 5000mah. Charger is a Hitec X2-400. I must be doing something wrong with the charger because I can't get any of my NiMH batteries to charge like they should. I'm going to try my old Triton charger and see if there is a difference.

Killer RC

Whats the voltage of the battery? Measure with a digital volt meter, not the charger.
Try increasing the delta peak, as explained here.
Also try charging slower, like 1 amp, just to see if it'll take more milliamps.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6tP1vFZDn4[/ame]

Last edited:

65BAJA

Thanks. I adjusted it to 20 (highest it will go) and it still didn't seem to work like I think it should. Maybe it's charged. It did go all day today (2+ tanks) and is still going strong. I'll keep fiddling with it I guess. Or maybe I'll call Tower in the morning and return it.

Killer RC

Try charging slow. 1 amp
What's the voltage on it? A fully charged 5 cell NiMh is around 7 volts.

Last edited:

Dave SWE

A NiMH cell is 1,50-1,55V fully charged. 1,2V is the working voltage until it's almost empty, and then it drops fast down to 0,9-0,8V where it is really empty and needs recharge.

65BAJA

Well I'm giving up on this Venom 5000 battery. I tried to cycle the thing last night. I got it down to 5V at a discharge rate of .1A. Then I tried to charge it this morning a 1A and the charger shut off at 261ma input. I lowered the charge rate to .5A and made sure the delta peak was set to 20mv and was able to put 1421mah in to it. Now I have it charging at .2A and so far it has taken another 264mah. I tried using my old Triton charger and it pretty much acts the same way. This battery is JUNK.

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Well I'm giving up on this Venom 5000 battery. I tried to cycle the thing last night. I got it down to 5V at a discharge rate of .1A. Then I tried to charge it this morning a 1A and the charger shut off at 261ma input. I lowered the charge rate to .5A and made sure the delta peak was set to 20mv and was able to put 1421mah in to it. Now I have it charging at .2A and so far it has taken another 264mah. I tried using my old Triton charger and it pretty much acts the same way. This battery is JUNK.
Hmm sounds like that battery is a dud man! Where did you buy it from? I'd return it.