DDM Fast Pipe issues

ryeguy

My friend bought the fast pipe for his B and upon installation we found that it is nearly impossible to put the rubber hose on.........
PS we did watch video on this and its still not right!
AND
when we attach the pipe to the header it hits the right rear shock tower and support (if we run it this way it will melt it) when trying to line it up properly.......its like its not built correct and needs to be bent at the end where the header goes in to make it line up the rest of the way to the mounting points and to stay away from the shock tower.

please help with pics and advice and/or tricks

thanks
Ryan

logon69

The hose will fit. It is supposed to be VERY tight. Some wd40 will help you there. ?

As far as fitment goes its tight. Some pics will help

Wildjones

As an alternative to what logon said you can also you some 2 stroke oil and just rub some on your fingers and on both parts that the hose needs to connect to. I had a hell of a time putting my GBE EB together until I figured out that little trick.

hemmy50

i would like to see some picks.i have the team chase cage and dont realy like side pipes.whant to use the ddm fast pipe but have not herd to much about it.if you could show some pics and let me know on the performance i would apppreciate it thanks.

Stumungous

You just have to persevere and eventually get it on. My method was swearing a lot, a tea towel and washing up liquid...

cobra29svt

Buddy of mine had the same problem. He called DDM & they sent him a different hose. Maybe they shipped out a few w/ the wrong size hose? The way he was talking, there was no way that the one they sent was gonna fit.

r6er00

It was such a pain (even had the wife helping by having her hold it, and i was pushing the hose and using various other items like a butter knife to try to get that thing on), that i eventually said f&*k it, and bought some 3/4" I.D. heater hose from Pep Boys (6ft for $5-$6), some slightly larger hose clamps, and it was MUCH easier. The end on the pipe is really tight still, and the header end still needs the hose clamp, but it looks solid.

Swass

I could not get that thing on to save my life. I used the coupler from the Rabid pipe instead. It has a little larger inside diameter. I couldn't find any locally, so I took it in the shorts at TGN ($5).

Last edited: