Convert 5SC Flux to gas

Carp Boyz

I know you can convert it to a nitro with a bit of work

two stroke gas I'm not too sure of,the problem is hooking up the engine to the savage drive train

I'll be starting on my new 1/5th nitro savage very shortly,once I can decide on a design for the TVP plates it'll be full speed ahead,in more ways than one

some dudes in Europe have already done it and they handle quite well compared to the 2wd bajas

Last edited:

Carp Boyz

once you can tune the nitros they're a blast man

think of it,a 15lb 4x4 compared to a 25lb 2 wheel drive

I'll have no problems what so ever keeping up to it, if not passing the bajas

caprini83

I agree, but factor in the cost of nitro fuel compared to gas. I loved my savage ss, but can't see going back personally

Carp Boyz

this is the flux as you can see,to make the TVP's for 5b some mods have to be done to clear the heat sink head on the nitro or eliminate the cabin for 5t,cool as hell man,fab a couple of mounts and you could install the 5b roll cage and body

Last edited:

Carp Boyz

I agree, but factor in the cost of nitro fuel compared to gas. I loved my savage ss, but can't see going back personally
I would agree with that if you were only running nitros all season

I'm running one baja,two nitros and one electric at the moment and I only burned under two gallons of nitro last year,a little bit of nitro,a little bit of two stroke or a little bit of electric,never gets boring and keeps it interesting

Carp Boyz

I'll keep this thread in mind and post up some pics once I've started my 5b or 5t build

it'll be one of the fastest on the track especially running the 3 speed

Carp Boyz

Hopefully HPI still comes out with the 1/8 gas engine,that's the engine that I had planned for my 1/5 5b savage,if not I have no problem dropping a nitro in it