Checklist for First Run

New Baja 5b needs help

I just started up my Baja 5b for the first time, drove it for 5 min and shut it down to check it out. After starting it right away the motor ran fine but it will not move. If I lift it the tires will spin but with weight on them the engine just revs? Help

Johnseeone

Keen as to get mine up n goin, just got the Baja5b ss kit version today 8 hours later im about 1/4 way i think lol big project but im lovin every minute of it. any tips on what to or not to do as i go through this process.

bullittgt

differential

I would suggest opening up the rear diff and add some silicone diff fluid.
Mine was empty as are many others.

airflow

thanks for the tips.

while checking the diff for fluid. do the gear box mod. take a 7/16" drill bit and drill through all the screw holes. Get a set of nuts and bolts and replace the orignial ones. this will keep the diff case nice and tight. there is almost no need to get an alloy gear. It is a waste of money. ofcourse you should get the alloy diff case.

I would like to start a checklist for those people that are just getting their bajas. We have learned alot in the first 3 weeks of the Baja being released. Please keep it to oneliners, so its easier to read.

If you do not understand the oneliner, then do a search. There is a longer explantion somewhere in the forum.

HPI Online Baja Manual

Video Tutorial
HPI Online Baja Manual-do not open the link

paul59539

Double check the amount of fuel needed for the oil mixture you will use. The HPI Supplied 2 stroke oil in the box is not enough to accommodate 1 US gallon of fuel.