caster 927 container sizes

zignzag

Im going to order some caster 927 for zen g290rc engine break in. Anyone know the container sizes they come in. I just want maybe 1 litre which is enough for me at the moment.

Im looking for non synthetic 2 stroke oil for engine break in. I read about caster 927 and it says synthetic. Can someone point me in the right direction For non synthetic oils. There seems to be too many opinions on what to use for break in and i do know and have heard synth oil just causes blow by so he piston ring cant seat itself to the cylinder wall. If I cant find a non synth oil would caster 927 be ok to use for break in.

Last edited:

jbooker82

I would run what ever oil you intend on running. Klotz Benol is 100% non synthetic degumed caster oil but it burns dirty. I would just get a 16oz pint for breakin. Then go with a synthetic blended caster oil, or a full synthetic oil.

zignzag

No worries, nevermind. Saw castrol 2t which is considered mineral oil if that's non synth Ill pick it up then get caster 927 or Honda hp2 I hear is good too. I just want to do the right thing for my zen 290 so it lasts a while. Going to use OBR's break in technic too. So nice they put out a great vid on engine break in and tuning

Last edited:

zignzag

ok, zens max at 19,500rpms not under load I saw somewhere, I think it was in the manual. I have motul 800 but my engine didn't seem to like it at 25:1 or maybe something was up with the engine (cy26s fuelie). Anyway i think I'll try caster 927 next. People and OBR seem to like caster 927, Honda hp2 or Yamalube as they say in the awesome engine break in and tuning vid. Motul 800 factory line 2T for off road is what i use and it seems to work best at 50:1 but I didn't run it to long on that for fear of the engine seizing. Seemed way to rich at 25:1 when using motul.