building a FG F1 comp

silverss

i bought a FG F1 comp kit and started putting it together , i have no idea what im doing lol , i really shouldnt have bought this looks like the kit is incomplete thers no brake kit with it ? and some mounting screws are missing . its a belt drive edition aswell .
the only thing ive done is put the diff together .its a brand new kit .

Last edited:

Carp Boyz

Sorry about that,the first pic didn't come up when I clicked on and kinda figured since it had missing parts/hardware

Nice buy though,always wanted one

Gotta link which model?

silverss

Sorry about that,the first pic didn't come up when I clicked on and kinda figured since it had missing parts/hardware

Nice buy though,always wanted one

Gotta link which model?
cant find a link sorry , think its the 07 model , this is belt driven , has belt from diff then another belt from that to the motor .

silverss

what's the advantages/disadvantages of having belt drive?
ive got no idea man . im lucky if i even know how to put this together . but turns out the gear drive is better than belt drive . the belt drive model isnt that good if the motor is more powerfull , i know they changed to gear drive when they started putting 26cc engines in them .

NC Baja

i bought a FG F1 comp kit and started putting it together , i have no idea what im doing lol , i really shouldnt have bought this looks like the kit is incomplete thers no brake kit with it ? and some mounting screws are missing . its a belt drive edition aswell .
the only thing ive done is put the diff together .its a brand new kit .
Hey Silver, I have one of these with a gear drive setup and mechanical braking system that I put together recently so if you need anything I might be able to help you out through PM's considering that these FG F1's can sometimes be very finicky but once setup properly they go like a rocket even with the stock Zenoah 26. :gunsmilie:

Chitown5BSS

That looks sweet. I've been looking into getting one for a while. I may take the plunge at some point. Good luck with the build!

silverss

I need all the help I can get with this build as I'm really going blind with this , my anxiety with this is going through the roof .

silverss

man there is a heap of screws missing i cant bolt the main rails to the bottom chassis no screws , cant bolt the suspension arms to the frame screws missing for that , cant bolt the suspension arms to the wheel hubs no screws for that , the brake master cylinder and rotors are missing aswell dont know if that was supposed to come with it ?

Last edited by a moderator:

ANGRYEVO8

HI Silver SS,

If you need a manual you can download one from the FG website, if you want to convert to gear drive there is a conversion kit available here is a link

http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/products/fg_10639-10639-gear-drive-for-f1-competition-set.html

If you need parts you can contact Colin and Chequeredflagracing.com.au he is the Australian dealer for FG. I have dealt with him a lot in the past and he is a standup guy. I have bought two cars from him and spares, his shipping is super fast and his customer service is fantastic.

He also races so if you need some setup tips he is the man to speak to.

silverss

HI Silver SS,

If you need a manual you can download one from the FG website, if you want to convert to gear drive there is a conversion kit available here is a link

http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/products/fg_10639-10639-gear-drive-for-f1-competition-set.html

If you need parts you can contact Colin and Chequeredflagracing.com.au he is the Australian dealer for FG. I have dealt with him a lot in the past and he is a standup guy. I have bought two cars from him and spares, his shipping is super fast and his customer service is fantastic.

He also races so if you need some setup tips he is the man to speak to.
yep been speaking to him ,this is his latest message .
Hi Again

Yes we can offer the building service but as there is a lot of hours to build the F1, I think the cost for you would be a bit much probably around $350-$400 plus anything (parts etc) that was missing...

I have attached two versions of brakes available for the model you have unfortunately yours wasn’t made to take Hydraulics as you can see in one of the attached pdfs the problem is that the chassis was not made to accommodate the Master cylinders, there was a later chassis that had the extensions for hydraulics. This chassis is not available now...

Hope I am helping your F1 problems.

Cheers

Colin

looks like i might be sending it to him. i have another 2 guys willing to build it for me .